Founded in 1937, Advancial is one of the oldest and largest credit unions in the country. We are an established and proactive full-service financial institution providing personal, convenient and advanced financial services to individuals and select group partners. Our mission is to create lasting value for our members through superior service, quality products, and innovative solutions.
At Advancial, we always strive to provide the best service and products to our members because we love what we do. We work together to build a culture that promotes a positive employee experience. Weve been named a Best Company to Work for in Texas for nine consecutive years and a Best and Brightest Company to Work For nationally and locally because were serious about building fulfilling careers and not just day jobs.
We invite you to learn more about this position and what Advancial has to offer by completing our online application.
Advancial Federal Credit Union is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity PostersAdvancial Federal Credit Union participates in the Electronic Employment Verification process. Please click here for more information.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please complete the form below. If youd like to view a copy of the companys affirmative action plan, please complete this form.
The primary responsibilities for this position include the daily processing of incoming and outgoing international and domestic wire transfers. Assist all internal and external customers via phone, email or in person with questions and/or concerns regarding all accounting processes. Perform monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts as assigned. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The salary range for this position is $16-$21/hr, depending on experience.
- Maintains and reports to state, all uncleared checks in a timely manner per state requirements.
- Serves as the primary processor and subject matter expert for all outgoing domestic and international wires and service messages to ensure data accuracy. Creates and provides a Dodd Frank Disclosure for an international wire in the time required.
- Conducts wire research and wire training as needed or requested with clarity and expertise.
- Responsible for performing Stop Pay requests on Official Checks.
- Maintain all Accounts Receivable (AR) records and processes for AFCU and the subsidiaries (CUSOs).
- Complete reconcilements by the 20th of each month as required by department standards.
- Reviews balance sheet accounts as assigned for accuracy and adherence to GAAP standards, researches and documents reconciling items and communicates outages found with responsible parties and ensures follow through to resolve.
- Analyze and post Payroll expense received from the Human Resource Department for AFCU and the subsidiaries (CUSOs).
- Provides information and support to all internal and external customers. Strives for excellence in every transaction and interaction.
- Cross-trains on all duties in the accounting department to provide backup and customer service.
- Provides written procedures for primary assignments and trains others on primary responsibilities.
- Performs routine accounting and clerical operations, as well as performs accounting support duties as requests.
- Required attendance during the last two work days of each month and first three work days of the following month to ensure team coverage during month end close.
Qualifications EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree with 6 hours of accounting coursework; or a minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Fosters a positive culture throughout the organization. Promotes respect and harmonious relations among accounting staff and with departments throughout the organization.
Ensures positive relationships with the branches, internal departments and external partners. Maintains a positive and caring atmosphere for members and employees consistent with the Credit Union's mission and philosophy.
Ability to work independently with a sense of urgency and has the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and/or projects as needed.
Must be self-motivated, detailed oriented, and have the willingness to perform a variety of tasks for the accounting department.
Requires a familiarity with a wide variety of accounting concepts, practices and procedures that rely on experience and sound judgment for compliance, execution and mitigation of risk.