MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Research and process returns; maintain documentation as required
- Download foreign sales and cash entry
- Assist with research and disputing chargebacks
- Assist with past-due nonfactor and factored accounts
- Transmit the sales to the factor on a daily basis
- Post cash receipts
- Manage workflow with appropriate direction, willing to cross train in all AR responsibilities, feedback and support. Ensure that all necessary resources are available to facilitate workflow without delays.
- Accurate and timely processing of financial transactions; securing alternate methods of payment as required.
- Assist in gathering documentation to process returns accurately and efficiently.
- Ensure frequent and timely communication and collaboration with other workgroups in the organization, including but not limited to, Allocation department.
- Degree or equivalent experience: Associate Degree in Accounting or a related discipline preferred; equivalent practical experience accepted.
- Years of experience: Accounts Receivable: 2 years, Wholesale accounting: 2 Years and Chargebacks 1 year
- Specialized training in: Accounting software, A2000 (major advantage), Excel (must), email, internet.
- Consumer goods experience.
Our client is a retail company based out of New York City.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts (printers and copiers) and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Flexibility to work from home periodically.