The PBM Operations Business Product Owner (BPO) serves as the key interface and liaison between the business sponsor, or client and technology counterparts to advance high ROI/efficiency, division-wide and enterprise-wide initiatives. This individual would have responsibility for the accuracy and comprehensiveness of business requirements of new and modified business applications and/or products.
The Agile Product Owner Senior Advisor serves as the interface to the Technical Product Owners (TPO) for business applications, product or client requests to:
- Contribute to business requirements for new and existing systems from ideation through production and project oversight
- Contribute to business requirements for new and existing products from ideation through production and project oversight
- Apply corporate methodologies and tools (i.e. AGILE, JIRA, etc.) to technology dependent projects
- Participate heavily in:
- the extraction of requirements from business sources
- discussions with technical resources on business intent and requirements
- skills to discuss, if not influence, technical design of associated applications
- the ability to guide technical support, in limited circumstances
- define and execute UAT
- Participate in defining business requirements with business sponsors, TPO and System Engineering teams for new and modified business applications, product, or client requests.
- Apply Express Scripts project tools and methodologies (AGILE, JIRA) to advance business applications, products, or client requests.
- Must be able to adapt in a dynamic work environment and indirectly lead teams through changes positively
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and have a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with other departments to collaborate, facilitate, and resolve issues and be able to develop customized solutions to meet business requirements.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Must have a strong customer service focus and be detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and prioritize work for self and others and make independent decisions.
- Demonstrate ability to learn and apply new technical tools and techniques to support business applications, products, or client requests.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelors degree and 5 to 7 years experience in a related field
- Masters degree and 3 to 5 years experience in a related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Strong working knowledge of claim adjudication and/or retail systems and requirements preferred
- Working knowledge of Agile Project Tracking Tools
- Solid organizational and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to gain fundamental understanding of new methodologies and technologies with direct applicability to business applications, products, or client.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, youll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich peoples lives. What difference will you make? Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: for support. Do not email for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response. Cigna has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.