Artificial Intelligence (AI)is transforming government. Across Defense, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security and Emergency Management, Sciences, Natural Resources and Regulatory functions- all are recognizing the power of human-machine teaming. Nothing moves in AI and machine learning (ML) without training data, and only high-quality training data can produce accurate and robust AI/ML powered solutions. Creating high quality training data at the scale necessary to meet the demands of our government mission partners is incredibly challenging. Few companies can do it. Even fewer can do it well. Since 2017, Figure Eight Federal has proven it can do both.
In March 2019, Figure Eight was acquired by Appen. Headquartered in the National Capital Region, Figure Eight Federal was created to specifically serve the needs of our government customers. Together, Appen and Figure Eight Federal, combine the best of human and machine intelligence to provide high-quality annotated training data that powers the world's most innovative machine learning (ML) mission solutions. The Figure Eight platform enables ML and data-driven business solutions to scale across a diverse set of industries including retail, automotive, finance, manufacturing, agriculture, life sciences, robotics, and more. The Figure Eight platform transforms audio, video, text, and images into high-quality annotated data to support a variety of use cases ranging from computer vision and search relevance to data categorization and natural language processing (NLP). Learn more at .
This is your opportunity to join the science and technology community in playing a key role to assist the Space Force in accelerating its shift towards more hybrid, resilient architectures.
WORK WILL BE IN ARLINGTON, VA and COLUMBIA, MD
• Design machine learning models for a wide range of AI applications including computer vision, NLP and speech recognition
• Train ML models to achieve state-of-the-art accuracy
• Develop novel algorithmic approaches to solving challenges, leveraging image and associated metadata information
• Define data requirements for training and testing of machine learning methods and works with the broader team to amass data from internal and external sources
• Perform data mining, analysis, training, and classification to produce models for our ever-growing list of business requirements
• Package algorithms, ensuring algorithms meet resource, robustness, and performance requirements as well as clinical requirements
• Advocate for and identify creative uses of artificial intelligence and potential artificial intelligence innovations to realize real-world business impact
• Collaborate with a team of engineers, data scientists, researchers, and domain experts to address emerging client needs
• Seek out important problems to be solved and/or improvements to existing solutions
• Develop research plans, designs feasibility studies and outlines research procedures to be followed
• Contribute to patent strategy of the company, identifying patentable ideas and supporting the patent process
• Ensure that research and algorithm development activities are conducted in compliance with company processes and requirementsRequirements:
- 3+ years of relevant research or engineering work experience
- Data science degree or additional relevant experience in lieu of
- Professional experience developing AI and ML models and understanding of or experience with computer vision and speech recognition
- Expertise in various facets of machine learning and natural language processing, such as classification, feature engineering, information extraction, structured prediction, clustering, semi-supervised learning, topic modeling and ranking Prior experience with applying Big Data tools
- Experience with both supervised and unsupervised algorithms
- Knowledge of and strong interest in researching emerging AI and ML techniques
- Demonstrable proficiency in statistical analysis tools (R, Python)
- Expertise working with a deep learning framework, for example, PyTorch, Torch, TensorFlow, Caffe
- Strong background in statistical concepts and calculations
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale software applications, including the management of upstream and downstream dependencies and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, trade-offs, and risks
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Able to deliver complex content in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner to multiple audiences, including business leaders and researchers
- Entrepreneurial; self-directed and excited to build something from scratch
- Production deployment using Kubeflow and similar technologies
- U.S. Citizenship with willingness and ability to obtain a clearance
- Cyber experience
- Working knowledge of C/C++, Python, and Data Science toolkits
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.