Elliott Aviation has an exciting opportunity for an Aircraft Mechanic Crew Chief at their corporate headquarters in Moline, IL. Since 1936, Elliott Aviation has been a world-class provider of comprehensive and customer-focused solutions for business aviation. Our vision, building partnerships that last, applies to our employees as well as our customers.
This hands-on position is responsible for managing all aspects of assigned aircraft projects including coordinating necessary resources, documentation and communication with appropriate personnel, including customers, to ensure timeliness and quality maintenance for delivery of the assigned aircraft projects.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Lead assigned technicians on all aspects of assigned aircraft projects to ensure safety, quality, and efficiency throughout all phases of the projects.
- Lead projects by scheduling and assigning work for team members and monitoring day-to-day activities of team members for compliance and quality performance.
- Oversee, complete, and maintain accurate and timely aircraft and project documentation
- Inspect, service, repair, and troubleshoot aircraft systems utilizing the Elliott Aviation approved procedures and policies, FAA approved Quality Control and Repair Station Manuals, and the appropriate Original Equipment Manufacturers' Maintenance Manuals.
- Support, maintain, and comply with all Federal, OSHA, State, and local regulations, and Elliott Aviation's Environmental, Health, and Safety Policies and Processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Top candidates will possess:
- Ability to manage a team with both experienced technicians and mentor junior technicians with a calm demeanor.
- Ability to communicate well, in advanced/complex situations
- Organizational skills and attention to details
- Project Planning and scheduling skills
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Possess excellent mechanical aptitude and a desire to initiate improvements with in defined boundaries
Other Requirements Include:
- Airframe and Power plant Certificate required
- Ability to attain & retain AOA badge or Airport requirements
- FAA Inspection Authorization (IA) preferred
- Must obtain & retain designation as an Elliott Aviation Production Inspector (Blue stamp)
- High school graduate or equivalency degree required
- Associate or Bachelor Degree preferred
- Thorough knowledge of FARs 43, 65, 91, 135, 145.
- Eight years plus of aviation related experience required
- One year plus of previous project lead experience required
- Quality System Management preferred
- Must possess minimum tooling required to perform duties assigned
- Regularly scheduled attendance required
- Must be able to work various shifts and overtime as needed
- Occasional overnight and short notice travel