Elliott Aviation, a leader in aircraft solutions, has an exciting opportunity for an Aircraft Mechanic at their location in Moline, IL. Since 1936, Elliott Aviation has been a world-class provider of comprehensive and customer-focused solutions for business aviation. Our vision, building partnerships that last, applies to our employees as well as our customers. As an Aircraft Mechanic, you will be part of a team working to provide outstanding products and services to our customers.
This hands-on position is responsible for testing, adjusting, repairing and other general tasks related to the maintenance and repair of airframe, engine and component systems on a variety of aircraft models.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Assists in, and learns, high quality inspections, servicing, and maintenance of aircraft & engine systems and components on a variety of aircraft production models using proper hand tools, specialized equipment, and support equipment, in a timely, clean, safe, and professional manner with no rework. Records all work performed as OJT for record and development.
- Accurately orders general components & parts, supports turn-in and record of removed parts, supports delivery and record of received parts as needed and directed.
- Performs minor troubleshooting, function testing, and repair of aircraft & Engine systems and components.
- Prepares various documents for record keeping purposes, as required by Company policies, FAA Approved Repair Station and Quality Control Manuals, All FAA regulations (FARs), OEM Aircraft Manufacturer chapter 4 & 5 maintenance requirements, etc. to include turnovers, and personal training logs.
- Demonstrates proficiency of Elliott Aviation work order system by completing accurate and timely discrepancies and corrective action statements, to include Service Bulletins and Airworthiness Directives (AD) Compliance statements.
- Consistently Locates and uses appropriate technical data for OEM Aircraft Manufacturer chapter 4 & 5 maintenance requirements and follows verbal instructions to complete assigned maintenance tasks. Builds and develops personal quality maintenance mechanics and support techniques based on OJT experience to improve in proficiency and quality.
- Supports, maintains, and complies with all Environmental, Health, and Safety, for federal, OSHA, state and local regulations.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned by management.
Other Requirements Include:
- Airframe and Powerplant Certificate preferred
- Occasional overnight and short notice travel
- Must possess minimum tooling required to perform duties assigned
- Must be able to work various shifts, as directed by management.
- High school graduate or equivalency degree required.
- Attend one Flight Safety International Initial Corporate Aircraft Maintenance Course by make & model.
- Knowledge and understanding of FARs 43, 91, 135, 145.
- Two years related aircraft maintenance experience preferred.
- Two to three years corporate experience preferred.