At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
The cornerstone of the Edward Jones Client experience is the relationship between the client and branch team. A key enabler of the relationship is the client's digital experience; clients want to engage and connect with their branch teams online. As a Senior Android Engineer on the Digital Client Experience product team, you'll collaborate with our team to deliver an innovative and unique client experience across iOS, Android, and traditional desktop platforms.
We are looking for a talented Android engineer to help design, develop, and support the Edward Jones Online Access mobile applications. You will work with our Client Experience Leads to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how our client application looks as well as how it works.What you'll do
What you'll work on
- Design, develop, and support our fully native Online Access mobile application
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to translate design vision into reality
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
What you'll need
- Next-generation client experience: Primarily Kotlin and Java, but the product team also leverages Swift, Angular, REST, Spring Boot, Docker, GitHub, cloud architecture
- Support of existing client products: Java, Swift, Struts 2 Web Framework
- Senior level experience with a minimum of 7 years in software development
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing and delivering mobile applications
- Detailed understanding of system development methodologies and processes within Information Systems. Knowledge and Experience with Agile Methodologies preferred
- Proven working experience developing within the Android ecosystem, with a focus on Kotlin, Java, GitHub, test automation and build automation
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with REST APIs and JSON data structures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® By Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the list.
- From FORTUNE ©2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of 767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this prestigious list.
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit jdpower.com/awards for more information.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $90628 - $154313