Application Scientist Analytical Sciences Team
Location: headquarters in Santa Barbara, CA
Do you have a passion for science and helping other scientists? Do you genuinely enjoy empowering others with the right tools for their success? Are you naturally curious about a variety of cutting-edge applications in industry and academia?
Wyatt Technology is on the lookout for an Application Scientist to join our Analytical Sciences team. As an Application Scientist, youll be part of a team whose mission is to delight our customers and ensure customer success.
- Assist the Sales team to match prospective customers with the right Wyatt solution by participating in interactive presentations and performing feasibility studies.
- Engage in application-specific follow-up support with current customers to ensure their continued success.
- Research emerging markets to identify new killer applications. Refine and promote new applications for existing and upcoming products.
- Train our customers how to apply and operate our instruments during Wyatts Light Scattering University.
- Support stakeholders in product development by providing the voice of the customer and assisting in the product life cycle.
- Contribute application expertise to Marketing content, such as presentation slides, webpages, brochures, and application notes.
Requirements and Qualifications
- MS or PhD degree in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Materials Science/Engineering or related field.
- Hands-on experience with macromolecule or nanoparticle characterization techniques (especially optical or HPLC) instrumentation and software; experience with light scattering detectors is highly desirable. Experience with Wyatt Technologys instruments would be ideal!
- Analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong self-motivation, scrupulous attention to detail, high-quality written and oral communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer-centric focus.
- Flexibility to travel, as needed, to customer locations.
What we offer:
- A rewarding, diverse job in a supportive team environment working with scientist customers.
- A complete benefit package including company paid health, dental and life insurance, holidays, vacation, sick leave program, disability insurance, and health and wellness benefits. We also offer a generous 401(k) pension plan as well as a quarterly bonus program. Were dog-friendly, too.
Wyatt Technology is the world leader in research, development and commercialization of light scattering instruments used by chemical, pharmaceutical, and biotech companies and by government and academic institutions