Assists the Store Manager in implementing the company's policies, procedures and desire to provide outstanding customer satisfaction. Works closely with store employees to ensure the daily routine and responsibilities are completed in accordance with the Store Manager's direction. Able to satisfactorily complete the Store Manager's duties in their absence.Specific Responsibilities:Customer Satisfaction:
- Resolves all customer concerns, complaints or requests in a timely manner. Reports all customer feedback and actions taken to the Store Manager.
- Seeks advice from the Store Manager when limits of authority are unclear.
- Provides a clean, well-stocked store in a friendly, inviting atmosphere.
- Can complete the daily administrative responsibilities in the absence of the Store Manager in accordance with company procedures.
- In the event the Store Manager is not available, the Assistant Manager is fully prepared to complete all of the managerial duties.
- Positive role model for their fellow employees.
- Understands the chain of command and actions necessary in the event of an emergency.
Merchandising and Promotions:
- Supervises employees in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Trains new employees according to the guidelines set forth by the Store Manager.
- Informs Store Manager of employee concerns or lapses in operations.
- Communicates and enforces strict compliance on the company's policy and procedures for all employees. Follows corrective action as directed by the Store Manager.
- Executes all aspects of the company's promotions, as communicated by the Store Manager.
- Able to communicate company promotions to store employees.
- Authorized Plan-o-grams are kept up-to-date.
- Work with employees on maintaining sufficient stock on-hand to satisfy seasonal trends and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Completes and delegates shift duties to keep store conditions in accordance with Store Manager expectations.
- Assists the Store Manager in following up on daily shift duties.
- Ability to lead and motivate employees to be productive members of the store team.
- At the direction of the Store Manager completes re-stocking and ordering products with authorized business partners.
- Reports any damages to equipment or property to the Store Manager.
- Assist the Store Manager in the coordination of daily operations to provide a controlled, organized environment at all times.
Loss Prevention and Safety:
- Assistant Managers must keep food safe at all times.
- Food is to be kept at the required temperatures and within the freshness timelines.
- Assists and directs store employees on the importance of properly managing safe food.
- Strict adherence to Vendor Check-in Policies.
- Trains employees on safety practices such as robbery deterrence, store conditions, fuel emergencies and the importance of proper lighting.
- Informs Store Manager of any violation of policy, potential safety issues or lack of adherence to company expectations.
- Strong people skills to motivate others.
- Proven capabilities in solving business challenges.
- Ability to set priorities and complete tasks.
- Results-orientated with a willingness to take responsibility and initiative.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter, with a high level of confidence and positive outlook
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, reach and lift. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the jobholder and are not to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the jobholder.