Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. Description
- Performs routine member transactions to include, but not limited to, deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers, and check cashing.
- Accurately conducts all credit and debit transactions in compliance with regulations and established procedures.
- Issues official checks, gift cards, or foreign drafts, cash advances, etc.
- Keeps ATM filled and functional.
- Processes night drop and ATM transactions as needed.
- Creates opportunities for serving members by being knowledgeable about the credit union products and services.
- Identifies cross-selling solutions to assist members with their financial needs and the professional success of staff colleagues.
- Provides information to members or potential members on credit union services, procedures, or policies, including eligibility for membership, types of credit union accounts, interest rates, current dividend rates, locations, office hours, telephone numbers, etc.
- Maintains accurate records and proper handling of monetary transactions and balancing of daily work.
- Implements existing policies, procedures, and systems involving cashiering operations and member services functions.
- During Head Teller's absence, assists in coordinating, directing, and assigning work; answers Tellers' questions and resolves more complex problems; oversees smooth flow of Teller lines and adequate window coverage.
- Accountable for staying up-to-date and complying with all federal, state, and Emory Alliance Credit Union policies, procedures, and processes, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC); ensures that each Teller balances at the end of each day and that all monies are secured; balances vault.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and three years of Teller or related experience.
- Supervisory or Assistant Head Teller experience desired.
NOTE: Position tasks are required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location; working remote is not an option. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee. Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: (V) (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at (V) (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred. Connect With Us!
Connect with us for general consideration! Job Number 91736 Job Type Regular Full-Time Division Affiliated Organizations Department Credit Union This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Not Applicable Job Category Revenue Cycle & Managed Care Campus Location (For Posting) : City Atlanta Location : Name Emory Campus-Clifton Corridor