Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 2 Shift Details:
Evening 10 hr shifts
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Join us at Backus Hospital as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values we have become nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something special!
For more than 118 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. We are home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham counties, and are the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter services. We deliver and coordinate a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of our communities.
E3 is a combined telemetry and Progressive Care Unit containing 25 beds and a team of nursing and healthcare professionals with excellent critical thinking skills and specialized training to provide the highest level of care. Our team has specialty training to care for complex stroke, vascular, neurological and specialty surgery populations as well as intermediate care patients. Combining our skill and use of innovative technology, our patient and family centered care creates an environment that promotes caring and healing. If you see yourself on E3 and are interested in joining our team, we invite you to submit an application so that we can learn more about you!
The Assistant Nurse Manager is recognized as the clinical expert in their service line and a leadership role model for Registered Nurses and all staff under their supervision. Directs the work in such a way to ensure the overall movement of patients through the department in a safe and efficient manner. This position will assign all patient care activities assuring that staff are qualified to care for assigned patients, support team members, and ensure quality and service excellence to our patients. They will also facilitate challenging situations. Appropriately assigns the workload. Responsible for monitoring & maintaining staff performance. Nursing leaders will role model excellent attendance, positive attitude, respectful communication, Hartford Healthcare Core Values of Excellence, Safety, Caring and Integrity, Promote and support a healthy work environment, and role model HHC leadership behaviors at all times.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required. Master's Degree in health related or business field preferred.
Experience: Two (2) years of experience as RN in Progressive Care or Critical Care unit required, Three (3) or more years preferred. Six (6) months experience as Charge Nurse or supervisory experience required. Twelve (12) months experience as Charge Nurse or supervisory experience preferred. Leadership experience preferred.
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
- Current Connecticut License Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Ability to obtain and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certifications within 90 days of hire.
- Must be able to pass the dysrhythmia test within 3 months of hire.
- Must be able to pass the BKAT with a score of 80% or complete a critical care course within one (1) year of hire.
- Ability to obtain and maintain department specific certifications. Progressive Care Certified Nurse (PCCN) or Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
- Must have demonstrated appropriate clinical knowledge to evaluate and prioritize patient flow issues.
- Must have demonstrated excellent leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to set priorities, and supervisory skills to manage a work team
- Must possess a resilient spirit and unrelenting passion for taking action and making things happen.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.