Physicians Mutual is looking to hire an Assistant Market/Product Specialist. This opportunity will support the development, marketing, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of assigned products or markets. Compiles and organizes information and research necessary to inform all phases of product development up to product release, including market/customer research, policy drafting, premium assumption development, sales training. Responsible for ensuring compliance of all aspects of assigned products or markets. Acts as product champion in the absence of a Product Manager. Represents Division or Department in negotiations with Brokers, Carriers, Network Administrators or other entities involved with a joint venture. Acts as Company liaison with carriers, brokers or partners for joint ventures until product or marketing efforts are turned over to appropriate Product Manager or Distribution Area. Represents Division or Department Manager in Corporate meetings or presentations as assigned.
- 4+ years of insurance related experience with a significant exposure to multiple lines of business.
- Knowledge of insurance industry, related regulations, products, markets, and distribution approaches.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to negotiate & demonstrate excellent emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work on multiple projects & deadlines simultaneously.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or similar discipline.
Since our start in 1902, Physicians Mutual Insurance Company has held to our founder's promise to provide protection to families when they need it most. In 1970, Physicians Life Insurance Company was founded and became a member of the Physicians Mutual family.
Today, we offer health, life and retirement products to millions of people from all walks of life. We've been here for them. Listening. Answering questions. Empowering them with the specialized guidance they need to make confident decisions about their insurance.
Over the years, our dedication to delivering on our promise has helped make us one of the nation's leading health and life insurance providers. In fact, we are rated in the top 1% of insurance companies. We consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings, ensuring we'll be there for our policyowners and our employees far into the future.