Kaleyra US Inc. is seeking a highly motivated attorney to provide in-house corporate legal support to business professionals on a broad range of legal matters, both domestic and international; primarily addressing technology contracts, intellectual property, licensing, and other corporate projects. We are looking for a professional, dedicated team player who can work effectively in a fast-paced environment. This role will involve regular interaction with other in-house legal staff, internal and external clients, as well as outside counsel. This is a hybrid role based in Atlanta, Georgia.Job Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing projects important to the success and needs of our business and the clients we serve. Must be able to use considerable judgment, advanced skills and initiative to efficiently and independently resolve complex problems as they arise, and to modify processes to resolve situations. Must demonstrate a strong understanding of both legal and business strategies and understand the impact of the work on the department and/or clients and make recommendations for solutions.Specific Responsibilities:
- Review, draft and negotiate technology and SaaS based contracts for telco business partners, reseller partners and other areas of the Kaleyra business, as well as service provider agreements regarding vendors to the company.
- Assist in legal training and advise company on compliance efforts as and when needed.
- Maintain intellectual property registrations and oversee filings for new patents and trademarks from time to time.
- Coordinate with outside counsel on variety of matters, including litigation, IP, HR, the escalation of collection accounts, and other matters
- Maintain repository of all executed and negotiated agreements, as well as other legal documents and related files
- Other tasks and projects as assigned to support the Kaleyra business
- Experience in the drafting and negotiation of technology agreements, including licensing, SaaS and cloud based software agreements, and master service agreements. Experience in international contracting a plus.
- Provide efficient and comprehensive legal and administrative support.
- Perform legal research as needed.
- Work with business representatives and attorneys in preparing corporate legal documentation as needed, including but not limited to intercompany agreements, board resolutions, and intellectual property documentation.
- Partner in the preparation of documents necessary to comply with federal, state and local regulations in the conduct of business activities.
- Coordinate and communicate with cross functional teams and key contacts around the organization, including outside counsel.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines effectively.
- Bachelor's and JD degree
- State bar admission and be an attorney in good standing
- At least 2 years of experience in a traditional law firm and/or in-house setting
- Prior corporate legal or paralegal experience in legal department of large company or law firm preferred, and any prior in-house experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with the ability to handle pressure well
- Must be a self-starter who can handle multiple projects with competing priorities and understand the importance of deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to navigate complex organizations and develop and maintain strong working relationships with a diverse group of clients and business partners
- Be highly trustworthy, discreet, and use good judgment
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- RSU plan