Elliott Aviation, a leader in aircraft solutions, has an exciting opportunity for an Avionics Crew Chief at their location in Des Moines, IA. Since 1936, Elliott Aviation has been a world-class provider of comprehensive and customer-focused solutions for business aviation. Our vision, building partnerships that last, applies to our employees as well as our customers.
This position is responsible for providing world-class leadership to create a team atmosphere where members are challenged to maintain aircraft in the safest and highest quality.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage all aspects of assigned aircraft projects including coordinating necessary resources, documentation, and communication with the appropriate personnel to ensure timeliness and quality installations for delivery of assigned aircraft projects.
- Inspect, service, repair and troubleshoot aircraft avionics components and systems in a safe and organized work area.
- Manage assigned technicians on all aspects of assigned aircraft projects to ensure safety, quality, and efficiency throughout all phases of the projects.
- Manage projects by scheduling and assigning work for team members and monitoring day-to-day activities of team members for compliance and quality performance.
- Hold team members accountable to Elliott Aviation approved policies and procedures including aspects of professionalism, safety, and cleanliness of the work environment.
- Oversee, complete, and maintain accurate and timely aircraft and project documentation.
- Inspect, service, repair, and troubleshoot aircraft avionics and related systems utilizing the Elliott Aviation approved procedures, policies, and the appropriate original equipment aircraft manufacturers' maintenance manuals.
- Inventory parts provided for project and order parts as required.
- Review work package for thorough understanding and verification of accuracy including; Wiring Diagrams, ground and flight test procedures, certification, structural drawings, STC's, schedules, manpower allocations and required ground support equipment.
- Coordinate/verify with the modifications repair team all of the following; incoming and outgoing function testing, power up, ground testing functions and flight test requirements Assist Mod repair team with these functions as needed.
- Coordinate/communicate with other departments and project manager, job status and timing of project milestones as necessary for the highest level of efficiencies.
- Support, maintain, and comply with all environmental, health and safety, federal, OSHA, state and local regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Top candidates will possess:
- Willingness to manage a team with both experienced technicians and mentor junior technicians with a calm demeanor.
- Willingness to learn by taking guidance from others.
- Ability to communicate well in straight-forward situations
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Must possess excellent mechanical aptitude and a desire to work
Other Requirements include:
- Airframe & Power plant Certificate and/or FCC License preferred.
- Qualified Inspector designation - Eligibility for RII designation
- Ability to attain & retain AOA badge or Airport requirements
- High school graduate or equivalency degree required. Associate or Bachelor Degree Preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of FARs 43, 91, 135, 145.
- Five Years Avionics Installations and modifications Related Experience.
- Previous Leadership and Supervisory Experience preferred.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills, including Word and Excel
- Must possess minimum tooling required to perform duties assigned
- Must be able to work various shifts, as assigned by management.
- Occasional overnight and short notice travel.
- Manlift qualified