Elliott Aviation, a leader in aircraft solutions, has exciting opportunities for Avionics Technicians at their corporate headquarters in Moline, IL. Since 1936, Elliott Aviation has been a world-class provider of comprehensive and customer-focused solutions for business aviation. Our vision, building partnerships that last, applies to our employees as well as our customers.
We have opportunities for Wiring Technicians, Repair Technicians, Sheet Metal Technicians, and Mechanics in our avionics shop.
Avionics technicians assist with installation, troubleshooting and repairing, and other tasks related to the maintenance, installations, and repair of avionics systems and components on a variety of aircraft product models in a safe and clean work environment according to manufacturer's specifications, company-approved procedures, and customer specifications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Troubleshoot and repair all avionics equipment and electrical systems on aircraft
- Communicates with departments manager or crew chief any problems/repairs
- Ensure all work performed is inspected by an authorized repair station inspector
- Prepares various documents for record keeping purposes as required by company policies, FAA approved repair station and quality control manuals, all FAA regulations, OEM aircraft manufacturer manuals, etc.
- Learn, understand and follow the company work order and parts requisition process as written.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and efficient work area
- Repair and calibrate shop equipment as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- FCC license preferred.
- Ability to attain & retain AOA badge or Airport requirements
- Routinely lifts up to 10 lbs, occasionally lifts up to 50 lbs
- Stands for long periods of time, with frequent bending, squatting, kneeling and stooping.
- Uses hands to reach and feel, with repetitive motion.
- Good finger dexterity.
- Reads and Writes, Speaks, Hears, and Understands American English Fluently.
- Has Visual acuity correctable to 20/20.
- Works in confined spaces, extreme temperatures, heights above six feet, noisy environments and flying.
- Works with and around products and materials associated with aircraft maintenance
- Occasional overnight and short notice travel
- Must possess minimum tooling required to perform duties assigned
- Must be able to work various shifts, as directed by management.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalency degree required.
- Knowledge and understanding of FARs 43, 91, 135, 145 preferred
- Minimum two years related avionics installation experience preferred