Do you have a passion for Cloud Services? Do you want to be a key technical leader in a rapidly growing & profitable Enterprise cloud service? Does building the Services infrastructure of a cloud service excite you? If you want to join a fast-paced team & have an impact on a growing online business, this is the opportunity for you to drive the evolution of Microsoft Azure Support while keeping customer satisfaction as the top priority! This is an opportunity for you to be constantly learning as the Platform expands to provide broader capabilities to our customers, enable customers using a service rather than on premise Microsoft products, and to work in collaboration with multiple Microsoft teams inside of Customer Service & Support (CSS), Engineering and Operations teams. Our Culture:
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision, and our every action.
- Customer obsession Our people are relentless in the pursuit of truly exceptional customer experiences that are easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth mindset Our people focus on learning, improving and being open about change.
- Diverse and inclusive We celebrate and leverage our cultural differences as it makes us a stronger organization and provides the best experience for our engineers and customers.
- One Microsoft We believe in a boundary-less organization, unlocking the collective genius and building great experiences.
- Making a difference We think beyond the traditional measures of business or individual success and believe that our work is purpose driven, improving lives worldwide.
Support Engineers (SE) serve as frontline technical resources for Microsoft premier, unified, and Azure Rapid Response customers and partners via phone, email, chat or web. They deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements, and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues. As a member of this organization, you will benefit from access to a comprehensive panel of experts as well as the opportunity to work directly with our Development team. Responsibilities Responsibilities
Response and Resolution
- Reviews complex issues (e.g., multiple components of a product) and contacts customers to understand issue. Ensures customers stay informed as to the status/solution of their issue. Utilizes troubleshooting tools (e.g., event logs, performance traces) to help resolve customer issues.
- Acts as an advisor to the customer and handles complex, repeatable, or escalated cases that may become politically charged. Creates technical articles or knowledge base (e.g., edits or creates news/ knowledge-base articles) that is internal or customer facing for better customer understand. Provides best practices and education to ensure customer understands the problem in order to proactively resolve potential issues in the future.
- Performs complex product troubleshooting and remediation when needed. Works alongside the development teams to drive incident resolution for configuration, code, or other service deficiencies impacting customers. Analyzes patterns of problems and identifies workflows to optimize support engineering delivery for a team or region level.
- Collaborates on cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with resources from other groups including support engineering groups, product groups, services team, and account team as needed to resolve complex customer issues.
- Implements end-to-end readiness programs (e.g., mentoring, leading triages, content creation, brown bag sessions, blogs, quality assurance checks, writes technical articles) and contributes to the content and readiness strategy. Mentors Technical Support Engineers or members from other teams outside of Customer Service and Support (CSS). Develops expert level competence on support topics.
- Provides feedback to more senior engineers or serviceability team on functionality of products based on engagements with customers. Provides feedback to the product group for product improvement. Leverages overall product knowledge to determine if and when features require enhancements.
- Engages with engineering team to investigate product bugs, provides business impact, and collaborates with appropriate stakeholders and senior team members on fixes.
- Contributes to and/or develops automation techniques and diagnostic tools to improve cross-group effectiveness.
- Translates feedback and creates processes and workflows for case resolution.
- Participates in case triage meetings and/or case discussions to share knowledge with other engineers and contribute to more rapid customer solutions. Utilizes learnings from triage meetings to identify and communicate readiness needs to manager or readiness team.
- Implements strategic business decisions with customers, partners, and teams to increase market share. Influences peers to implement strategy.
- Embody our culture and values
- 2+ years technical support, technical consulting experience, or information technology experience OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), or related field AND 1+ year(s) technical support, technical consulting experience, or information technology experience.
- 2+ years of technical experience in any of the following:
- Solid understanding of container technology and fluency in Kubernetes.
- Linux OSS
- Familiarity with one, or more, shell environments (BASH, sh, tcsh, ksh, etc.)
- Experience with Linux script-based development environments and tools (PERL, Python, Ruby, PhP, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience administering Linux (boot process, file systems, network device and protocol configuration)
- Familiarity with core OS services such as: SSH, telnet, FTP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Samba, LDAP
- Operating System/Virtualization
- Familiarity with Security, OS Internals concepts
- Understanding of Virtualization concepts and virtual system administration
- Understanding of container specific networking such as CNI
- Familiarity with DHCP, VIPs, NAT, DNS
- Familiarity with networking troubleshooting (ping, tracert, tracemon, tcpdump, etc.)
- Understanding of load balancing and familiarity with relevant components such NGINX, Application Gateways, and NVAs
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems, determine root cause and develop solutions
- BS in computer science or engineering preferred
- Kubernetes Administration Certification preferred
- Technical Leadership - handle technically challenging and politically sensitive customer situations
- Strong communications skills excellent spoken and written English communication skills and the ability to present complex technical issues clearly and concisely to a general audience
- Ability to understand the customers best interests in terms of problem impact
- Passion for technology, problem solving, and customer supportability
- Ability to discovery, recognize and assess alternate solutions to a problem
- Ability to drive discussions remotely with authority
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Logical and Critical thinking
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships over long distances and remote technologies like Teams
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Your shift can vary according to business needs. Examples: Monday to Friday, any working hours from 6am to 6pm Pacific Time, or weekend
coverage depending upon business needs. Please note that shifts might change according to business needs. Though schedule changes are not frequent, you will need to have flexibility to accommodate changes as needed. This position may require you to work a rotational On-Call schedule, evenings, weekends and holiday shifts
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $82,500 and $130,000.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition..... click apply for full job details