This position supports our Louvres, Grilles, and Sunshades Business Unit.
Exterior Envelope and Facade experience is required.
Construction Specialties, Inc.
Founded in 1948, Construction Specialties (CS) is a specialty building products manufacturer. CS provides solutions to building challenges that architects, designers, building owners, facility managers, and contractors face every day. Since inventing the first extruded louver, CS has become a global leader in all our product categories.
Our products are a part of some of the most iconic buildings around the world
-from the world's tallest tower, Burj Khalifa in Dubai, to the Oculus at the World Trade Center Transit Hub in Manhattan. If you want to work in an inspiring atmosphere and collaborate with customers and colleagues to solve challenges, we're the right place for you. CS\: Making Buildings Better®
SCOPE OF POSITION\:
Responsible for leading and managing the customer service and order support functions for the business unit of responsibility. This includes directing the staff and business operations of the department to achieve increased customer satisfaction levels while improving the impact and influence of the department on other BU operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES\:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, including but not necessarily limited to the following\:
- In location or region, Continually provides leadership, direction and training to the customer service, drafting and project management teams; as well as new sales channel members ., Customer Service Reps and customer service team to ensure high levels of service to our customers and sales representatives as they answer inquiries from customers, sales reps and architects concerning price, application of products, technical product information, commissions/overages, purchase order amendments, and other assigned duties.
- Monitors and coaches the Customer Service and Drafting Supervisors and Project Managers in location or region to ensure proper application and interpretation of business policies
- Maintains familiarity with the on-going and future needs of our customers and sales representatives, aligns necessary support functions, such as drafting, anticipates future changes affecting the product line and strategically positions the product line to take advantage of these changes.
- Enlists the development and use of key metrics to optimize financial business decisions.
- Responsible for continuous improvement practices and for implementing policies and procedures alongside best practices including developing processes that meet business needs across all BUs.
- Actively involves counterparts and stakeholders within other CS BU's on change initiatives to ensure alignment and consistency to new and/or modified policies, procedure, and processes; exemplifying a unified company mentality.
- Understands and assures adherence to departmental and company procedures and policies, offering recommended changes to applicable senior leadership to increase business efficiency.
- Acts as interdepartmental liaison to ensure the customer service, drafting and project management departments and staff work effectively with the sales, estimating and production functions of the assigned product lines.
- Researches the background of issues, investigation, policy interpretation and adjustment or correction in effort to offer direction and solutions to team on unresolved customer/sales rep concerns, drafting issues and problems with accounts or products as they relate to pre- and post sales issues and project management.
- Handles all service and support escalations from within the department and contacts customers and sales representatives if required, regarding unusual terminology, policy departure, priority, cancellations, etc.
- Prepares status reports concerning departmental activities and work in progress as required.
- Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001 standard
- Guides work group problem solving process toward continuous improvement of quality and productivity measures and expediently advises groups of any organizational changes that may affect their processes. Ensures that department goals are pertinent and clear to all. Helps group reach consensus of key issues. Prepares status reports concerning departmental activities and work in progress as required, including root cause analysis when needed
- Ensures that performance reviews in the department are meaningful and applicable and conducted on time
- Provides guidance and training to less experienced personnel in current business operations while ensuring best practices as identified are routinely incorporated.
- Works with senior stakeholders - identifying and addressing problems and opportunities for the company.
- Builds alliances and partnerships with other company groups/teams - both internally and externally.
- Promotes a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION\: (Minimum Education and/or Experience required)
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or technical school
- Five or more years related in-depth experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with generating positive customer experiences.
- Exterior Envelope and Facade experience is required.
- Glass, glazing, curtainwall experience is preferred.
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Excellent customer relation skills and professional manner
- Computer literacy
- Previous knowledge and experience with using ERP software applications within the manufactured environment are preferred (SAP, BPCS, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand complicated purchase order terms and conditions.
- Knowledge of sales/sales support procedures
- Exhibits motivation, determination, and decisiveness despite internal and external pressures
- Possesses excellent organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Yes. Size and scope of team can vary by location(s) and/or region(s).