Job DetailsJob Location
Jacksonville - Jacksonville, FLPosition Type
Full TimeTravel Percentage
Up to 50% Job Shift
TransportationWhy work for U.S. LUMBER?
, Deep Knowledge
, Relationships Built on Trust
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Benefits will include Medical, Dental, Vision on the 1st of Month following 30 days of employment
- Company-Paid Life Insurance & Disability
- 401(k) with Company Match
- 3 Weeks PTO/Paid Holidays
- Volunteer Time
As a Back-up CDL Driver you will be responsible for performing assigned job duties listed below while gaining building material knowledge and familiarity with vehicle operation and safe driving procedures along with completing warehouse duties.Driver Requirements
- Must have a Class A CDL License
- Completing Clearinghouse Check
- Operating tractor trailer or flatbed truck to deliver/pick up cargo
- Preparing, receiving, and providing appropriate documentation for the delivery or pick up of goods to ensure timely service
- Maintaining DOT travel logs according to federal and state regulations such as a pre- and post-trip safety report, 7day/60-hour log, fuel trip logs and fuel cards
- Tarping cargo in inclement weather
- Responsible for vehicle presentation
- Be able to ascend/descend in a tractor-trailer cab and flatbed trailer, at each stop.
- Safely operating forklifts or other machinery to complete assigned tasks including loading, unloading moving, staging, pulling orders and transporting material.
- Banding, wrapping and taping product as needed.
- Be able to work with other warehouse associates and lift up to 100 lbs.; 8-10 times per day on average, not limited to. Actual amount will depend on the number of stops for that day.
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions.
- Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and moving items
- Ability to meet the required schedule for work.
U.S. LUMBER is currently looking for a CDL Class A Driver to join our VALUES based organization. You will be responsible for operating a tractor-trailer flat-bed truck that transports cargo to and from specified destinations. We seek to serve people first, and we operate according to a moral compass aimed at doing what is right even when it is hard. U.S. LUMBER brings this values-based perspective to each of our employees, our customers, our suppliers, and our communities. We do not underestimate the power of our employees ability to have a uniquely positive impact on the people around us.
We are proud to have the best team in our industry. We have experienced a tremendous amount of growth as a company. This growth has served not only our customer base but has also provided significant opportunities for advancement amongst our employees.
For more information on U.S. LUMBER, please visit
Or text sbpinfo
to 97211 to speak with a recruiting assistant.Walk-in applications are accepted Mon - Fri at the branch from 9am to 3pm.
USL LOGISTICS LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy of USL LOGISTICS LLC. not to discriminate in hiring and employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, military status, genetic information, or other protected class status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.