We Are Hiring:
Grow your career at Ascension Living Valley Residence! This beautiful community just minutes from downtown Chattanooga boasts a scenic, secured walking trail and private courtyard. Our fun & collaborative culture makes this a truly unique opportunity!
12-hour shifts 6AM-6PM (Day Shift)
Why join Valley Residence?
- Be part of a great team and culture
- Opportunities for advancement
- Generous PTO, excellent (and affordable) medical, dental, vision and retirement (with a match)
- Flexible scheduling and student friendly
- Tuition reimbursement, discount programs and more
What You Will Do:
Assist with basic patient care activities.
- Assist with procedures ordered by physician and supervised by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Assist patients with tending to personal care, activities of daily living and transfers/transport.
- Report findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assist with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly. Assure resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Nurse Aide obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider preferred.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We're the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension - professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Living is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension Living will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension Living will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.