ChildServe's Long-term Care program provides 24-7 residential skilled nursing care in a family-focused environment. We care for young adults who are unable to live at home due to their complex medical
needs. Our intensive medical and nursing services support young adults with a variety of conditions.
Three 12 hour shifts, 6am - 6pm, and 1 weekend/month
What You'll Do
- Within the scope of practice, meet the daily care needs of young adults according to the care plan, family preference and established clinical practice.
- Ensure young adults are ready and on time for their scheduled activities.
- Provide care gently, respectfully, honoring each resident's privacy.
- Ensure resident looks their very best: clean, well groomed, wearing coordinated clothing in good repair.
- Report all observed changes in a resident's demeanor and condition to the assigned nurse or supervisor.
- Maintain accurate, completed, and timely records as defined by standards of practice and ChildServe policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively, respectfully, and professionally with residents, physicians, families, school personnel, ChildServe staff, and others to assure needs are assessed, communicated, and met.
- Remain current with all unit and ChildServe specific information.
- Provide daily care training to residents, families, and staff, as needed, to help advance the skills and knowledge of all people associated with care delivery.
- Demonstrate good stewardship of ChildServe equipment, supplies, and environment.
What You'll Need
- Certification as a nursing assistant in the state of Iowa
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, and lift repeatedly during work hours.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs, be mobile within the assigned work area, and frequently bend, lift, reach, and stand.
- This position may be subject to COVID-19 safety requirements. If applicable, specific requirements will be discussed during the interview process
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language
ChildServe has earned the title of Top Workplace every year since 2014. Here's why employees love working here:
- Our work matters. We partner with families to help children with special healthcare needs live a great life.
- We're not your average non-profit. We serve 5200 children each year through over 30 specialty pediatric services in the Ames, Des Moines, and Iowa City areas. Many of our programs are one-of-a-kind.
- Our team members rock. Our teams are filled with people who care about their coworkers, and who believe that collaboration is key to providing exceptional care to children.
- Our learning never stops. As a non-profit dedicated to innovation, we're proud to help many team members gain new certifications, continue their education, take their expertise to the next level, and find new opportunities to advance their career right here at ChildServe.
- We're moving forward together. Experts across multiple disciplines work together to help kids get the best care possible.
Ready to leave work every day knowing you've made a difference for kids and families? Let's move Forward Together - apply today!
ChildServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.