Elliott Aviation has an exciting opportunity for an Challenger Aircraft Mechanic at their DeKalb-Peachtree Airport facility located in Atlanta, Georgia. Since 1936, Elliott Aviation has been a world-class provider of comprehensive and customer-focused solutions for business aviation. Our vision, building partnerships that last, applies to our employees as well as our customers.
This hands-on position is responsible for testing, adjusting and repairing, and other general tasks related to the maintenance and repair of airframe, engine and component systems on a variety of aircraft models according to manufacturer's specifications, company-approved procedures, FAA regulations, and customer expectations.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Performs inspection procedures, servicing, repairs and maintenance of aircraft & engine systems and components on a variety of aircraft models using proper hand tools, specialized equipment, and support equipment in a timely and professional manner with minimal rework. Records all work performed, as OJT for skills development, unless deemed proficient.
- Accurately order general components and parts, turn-in and record removed parts, record received parts as needed and directed, and support delivery under the guidance of other technicians when needed.
- Performs troubleshooting, function testing, and repair of airframes, engines, and component systems. Mentor and train junior technicians of lesser component knowledge.
- Prepare various documents for record keeping purposes, as required by Elliott Aviation Policies and Procedures, FAA Approved Repair Station and Quality Control Manuals.
- Demonstrate proficient use of the Elliott Aviation Work Order system by completing accurate and timely listing of discrepancies and completing accurate corrective action statements including completion of Service Bulletin and Airworthiness Directives (AD) compliance statements (ref. FAR §91.417).
- Consistently locate and use appropriate manufacturer's technical data, to include OEM Aircraft Manufacturer maintenance and component maintenance manuals. Follow verbal instructions to complete assigned tasks. Build and develop personal proficiency and quality maintenance techniques based on OJT experience.
- Support, maintain, and comply with all Federal, OSHA, State, local regulations and Elliott Aviation's Environmental, Health, and Safety Policies and Processes
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Top candidates will possess excellent oral and written communication skills and outstanding organizational skills.
Other requirements include
- FAA Airframe and Power Plant Certificates required
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Must possess excellent mechanical aptitude and a desire to work
- Must possess minimum tooling required to perform duties assigned
- High school graduate or equivalency degree required
- Knowledge and understanding of FARs 43, 65, 91, 135, 145
- Three - Five years aircraft maintenance experience required
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite
Benefits & Perks
Elliott Aviation takes pride in offering a competitive and comprehensive benefit package to its employees to ensure our team is well cared for. Benefits begin the first day of employment!
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance- Choose from a variety of options to meet your needs. Significant cost are contributed by Elliott Aviation as part of our commitment to providing a comprehensive benefit program. Plus, you can earn lower rates through our wellness program.
- Time Off - You will receive holidays and paid vacation.
- Relocation Assistance Provided for most of our positions
- 401(k) With Company Match- Save for your retirement and we'll match it dollar for dollar.
- Tuition Reimbursement- We're all about pushing to the next level. When you're ready to get the degree, we'll pick up part of the tab.
- Company Sponsored short-time and long-term disability as well as life insurance
- Training and Education- We offer many different learning opportunities to support our team member's growth and development. Providing on-site and offsite opportunities to enhance technical skills as well as soft and leadership skills.
Tags: Aviation, Aircraft Maintenance Technician, A&P mechanic, Aviation Mechanic