Class 1 Driver
Nights - £42,723
Do you want to join a successful supply chain business where you can really make a difference and be part of a world class team? Do you want some great perks and be rewarded well for what you do?
If the answer is yes, please read on ..
Perks of the Job
- Regular Loyalty Payments of up to £4,500 - ability to earn 3 x 6 monthly payments paid across 18 months - terms apply
- Weekend and Bank Holiday working premiums
- Employee Refer Top Talent Scheme - ability to earn £500 for each successful referral
- A free meal on every shift you work
As a Class 1 Driver, you will play a pivotal role in providing the best service to customers. Our client delivers to over 300 restaurants across England and Wales. On average your journey has 3-4 deliveries which are made using roll cages. Your deliveries are a mix of ambient, chilled and frozen food products, so experience of working with fridges is ideal.
This role is suited for a driver who can think on their feet and is customer service focused.
Our client is dedicated to being the leading logistics service provider for the most well-known restaurant chains around the world, you don't want to miss out on this opportunity.
Day shifts and Night shifts available. Contracted to 40 hours per week across 5 shifts. Various shift start times.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- All vehicles must be checked for defects and reported to the garage for repair
- Goods must be checked they are correct and secure
- The delivery schedule must be followed, with arrival and departure times logged on journey sheet
- Ensure that the Transport Office is informed of any problems such as delays, breakdowns or delivery problems
- Clean the inside of vehicle
- Refuel the unit and fridge unit
- Carry out drivers duties with due regard to legislation in respect of LGV drivers and submit tachographs on a weekly basis for analysis by the Company
- Collections and deliveries for various customers at different locations around the country
- Dealing with ambient, chilled and frozen products.
Understanding of driving legislation governing the use of tachographs and working hours. Valid C+E Licence - Experience of driving large goods vehicles is preferred but not essential. Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes at short notice to meet the demands of our customer and have a strong awareness of Health and Safety procedures.
- Level 2 (or equivalent) English and Maths
- Valid Drivers CPC (Essential)
- Knowledge of vehicle and refrigeration system
- Understanding of EC drivers' hours & EC working time directive regulations (Essential)
- Experience of working with refrigerated vehicles (Desirable)
- Must currently hold Cat C+E licence. If newly qualfied must have 2+ years driving Cat C vehicles.
Interested? Apply now and a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.