A Class A CDL Driver is responsible for the accurate, damage-free delivery of product via tractor trailers in an efficient and safe manner. Your work will help fill our stores' orders, meet delivery schedules and promote customer satisfaction.
- Experience Required: None
- Experience Desired: 1 to 3 years
- Experience Desired: Basic knowledge of DOT regulations; One plus year(s) Class A CDL driving experience; City driving experience; Electric pallet jack experience; Electric pallet jack experience a plus
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Must have no commercial DUI/DWI on record, Must have no personal DUI/DWI on record within previous 5 years.
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, More than 50%
- Age Requirement: At least 21 years of age
- Verify that the dock door and the trailer are safe and secured prior to unloading the trailer.
- Have flexibility in scheduling and the availability to work the times, shifts, days and overtime needed to meet the company's production needs.
- Meet and maintain established productivity standards.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety rules - including the safe operation of equipment, following all company policies for the return and delivery process and helping to maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Ensure the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is utilized at all times.
- Appropriately follow food safety procedures.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as needed and assigned.
- Ability to read and speak English.
- Ability to pass and maintain DOT medical requirements.
- Drive tractor trailers in a safe and courteous manner.
- Follow all local, state and federal driving laws and Department of Transportation regulations and promptly report all driving violations to company management.
- Load and unload pallets, products and equipment using pallet jacks according to proper procedures.
- Possess the ability to push, pull, lift and carry up to 100 lbs.
- Build positive relationships with store personnel by working efficiently, assisting customers in the unloading process, communicating issues effectively and accepting feedback.
- Provide excellent customer service by interacting in a professional, friendly and helpful manner while in the stores.
- Communicate with logistics and warehouse operations personnel to efficiently facilitate the dispatching process.
- Communicate with supervision regarding safety, equipment, damaged goods and any problems or issues that may arise.
- Perform safety checks on equipment at appropriate times, including trailer temperature checks.
Starting Rate of Pay
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.