New Contractor and Drivers for Contractors Eligibility Requirements
B. COMMERCIAL DRIVER'S LICENSE POLICY
- There is no record of a preventable accident resulting in a fatality or serious injury or payout greater than $100,000.
- No record, citation, or conviction during the one-year period before the application date of:
- Using a handheld mobile phone or texting while driving a commercial motor vehicle (CMV)
- Failing to properly wear a seatbelt in a CMV, whether as a driver or as a passenger
- More than one (1) instance under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) program's Unsafe Driving BASIC, under any of the following Groups: Dangerous Driving, Speeding 3 or Speeding 4, only to include work or construction zone.
- Any instance under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) program's Hazardous Materials Compliance BASIC under Group: Load Securement-Hazmat and Unsafe Driving BASIC, under any of the following groups: Texting, Phone Call, or Seat Belt
- No record, citation, or conviction during the thirty-six (36) consecutive months before the application date of:
- More than two (2) moving violations
- More than one (1) preventable accident, or more than one (1) preventable accident and (1) moving violation in any combination
- Operating a vehicle without a valid license or improper license, including operating a vehicle while a license is expired or under suspension, revocation, or cancellation.
- Offenses resulting in more than one (1) driver's license suspension for moving violations thirty (30) days or more for moving violations
- Reckless, aggressive, or careless endangerment of any vehicle
- Any instance of exceeding the posted speed limit by 15 m.p.h. or more
- Operating a CMV when not medically certified
- Operating a vehicle that contains alcoholic beverages, drugs, or controlled substances contrary to law
- Any offense resulting in a suspension of driving privileges due to excessive or serious moving violations
- Violating an out-of-service order issued by any law enforcement official
- Falsifying any document related to DOT compliance
- Carrying or transporting unauthorized passengers in a CMV
- Any instance under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) program's Driver Fitness BASIC under Group: Fitness/Jumping OOS or Fraud, or Hours of Service BASIC under Group: Jumping OOS/Driver Fatigued
- No record, citation, or conviction during the sixty (60) months before the application date of:
- Operating any vehicle while unlawfully under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or controlled substances
- Failure to submit to or pass drug, controlled substance, or alcohol testing mandated by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) or requested by any law enforcement official in connection with the operation of any vehicle
- Failure to stop or remain at the scene of an accident in connection with the operation of any vehicle
- Failure to yield to a school bus while operating any vehicle and causing an accident
- Failure to yield for a railroad crossing while transporting hazardous materials in a CMV
- Fleeing or attempting to elude a law enforcement official in any vehicle
- Using any vehicle in connection with the commission of a felony
- An excessive pattern of moving violations, defined as five (5) or more during the sixty (60) months before the application date
Drivers of 14' or 22' straight trucks must have an unrestricted class B (or class A) commercial driver's license (CDL). Learner's permits or restricted licenses are not acceptable for drivers of Custom Critical leased vehicles.
Canadian contractors: please ensure drivers of a leased vehicle has a class G CDL rated for a GVW greater than the GVW of your vehicle.C. CRIMINAL BACKGROUND
Felony - no less than seven (7) years from the date of clearance. (Clearance would be the completion of probation, parole, incarceration, or court-ordered diversion program relating to a felony.)
DUI/DWI - no less than five (5) years
Misdemeanor - no less than three (3) years
An individual will not be qualified if they have been convicted of a crime related to sexual abuse and have an active court order mandating registration as a sexual offender.Vehicle Specifications
- The unit must be able to scale a 13,000-pound payload legally.
- Box floor must be dock high, 48-52" from the ground.
- Inside dimensions must be 90" wide x 92" high.
- The rear door opening must be a minimum of 88" high, 85" wide (roll-up or swing doors are optional)
- Safety support legs at the rear of frame of unit (minimum rating 35,000 pounds)
- Legal sleeper between cab and box
- Box must be white
- Two rows E-Trac (one at floor level, one at 36" above the floor at each side)
- Four E-Trac ratcheting straps
- Two E-Trac shoring beams
- Four four-foot pieces of 2x4
- Cargo door lock
Vehicles must be no more than five years old from the date of manufacture.