A motivated individual who is required to work with dispatch to safely, effectively, and efficiently service our customers' logistical recycling needs. Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Impact :
- Maintain a valid CDL license and all required medical certificates.
- Obey all DOT regulations, traffic laws, and remain free of any health issue or substance that would impair you or adversely affect your ability to drive and operate the equipment.
- As a representative of our company, all drivers must be safe and courteous when driving the company vehicle.
- Ensure that any and all customer interactions are courteous and professional.
- Complete Pre Trip and Post Trip inspections at the start and end of each shift and complete the paperwork to notify the mechanics of any issues.
- Ability to work as an individual or as a team member, at a steady pace.
- The ability to properly communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to read and follow instructions in all forms; verbal, written, and maps.
- To maintain the physical appearance of your assigned vehicle (interior and exterior). Ensure that it is tidy, washed, and free of debris and garbage.
- Attention to detail while completing all necessary papers.
- Complete all appropriate paperwork in a timely and legible manner.
- A flexible schedule that will allow you best service our customers.
- Communicate, cooperate, and follow instructions provided by dispatch (inclusive of routing, schedules, supplies picked up and delivered, paperwork completed, and all other logistical details).
- Ability to work respectfully and effectively with other drivers and the dock staff.
- Maintain a safe driving record with minimal accidents and incidents(inclusive of minor accidents with only vehicle or equipment damage)
- Dress in a manner that will positively represent CRI (in uniform with no stains, tears, or other inappropriate clothing)
- Drivers must have the ability to problem-solve and clearly articulate issues should any arise.
Your role is essential in servicing our customers and providing raw material to our facility. General Conduct, Behavior and Performance
- Exhibit good attendance habits. Strive to be at work every scheduled workday unless prevented from doing so for viable reasons of health. If a health condition creates an unavoidable absence preventing an employee from coming to work for the day, the employee is required to call in to report the illness and absence, before the start of their shift.
- Exhibit good work habits; avoid late starts and tardiness. Strive to be at work as scheduled, at the proper work station every. Return from breaks and lunches in a timely manner. In the instance of an unavoidable tardy/late start, the employee is required to either previously obtain permission for the tardy/late start, or call in to report the tardy/late start to the H/R office.
- Exhibit good work habits; avoid early departures. Strive to be present and productive until the scheduled shift end of each workday. If an early quit is required and unavoidable, the employee is required to notify and obtain permission for that early quit.
- Exhibit good work habits such as productivity, efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness in the job functions. Strive to work at a reasonable pace, stay busy, remain at the assigned work station and job function, and be useful and productive with paid time.
- Exhibit good work habits by being a great team member; work well with coworkers, be considerate of co-workers, avoid arguments and confrontations, avoid non-productive or destructive behavior, work well with your supervisor, and constructively taking instructions and carrying out assignments given by your supervisor or a member of management.
- Suggest new/alternate methods, ideas, and solutions that contribute to greater efficiency and improved results. Your opinion matters!
- You will be expected to adhere to our company's values and standards, by always being honest and behaving with integrity.