HNI Corporation is a global family of brands for the workplace and home dedicated to enhancing the spaces where we live, work, and gather. We pride ourselves on fostering an environment where we make a positive impact on others; upholding our beliefs in integrity, inclusion and belonging.
What we need:
We are adding a Cloud Engineer to our team in Muscatine, Iowa! In this role, you will implement innovative infrastructure solutions that support the needs of our global environment. You will ensure the availability, reliability, integrity, and efficient operation of the systems that support the cloud and premise enterprise applications.
What you'll do:
What you have:
- Manage and maintain a small footprint of on-premises virtual hosts (VMWare) and virtual machines (Windows & Linux)
- Deploy, service, and maintain Microsoft, Oracle, and Amazon cloud-based resources
- Design, plan and execute the transition of on-premises resources to cloud-based resources and new deployment of cloud-based global services/infrastructure including but not limited to:
- Server Infrastructure
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Cloud-Based Storage
- Resource Landing Zones for production and development environment
- Provide cost/benefit analysis to determine the financial, operational, and technical feasibility of adopting external cloud-based IT platform and infrastructure services including but not limited to:
- Platform-as-a-service (PaaS)
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS)
- Manage the implementation of cloud services and integration with in-house applications and systems
- Adhere to documented, approved standards
- Plan and coordinate infrastructure changes to accommodate system requests while minimizing business impact
- Gather and analyze metrics of server performance and security
- Understand and follow corporate and departmental processes and policies
- Act as liaison with other departments, divisions, vendors, and other organizations
- Acts as a subject matter expert in at least one of the following areas: DNS, AD, OS, VDI, virtual server technology, SAN, NAS, etc.
- Participate in on-call rotation and perform other related duties as assigned
What you're good at:
- 4+ years of experience with system administration of Microsoft Windows servers in an enterprise environment
- 3+ years of experience in Windows Server application and network troubleshooting
- 2+ years of experience in infrastructure administration and automation (SCCM, PowerShell, Terraform, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with Active Directory administration and support in an enterprise environment
- 2+ years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server implementation and design a plus
- Hands on scripting/programming experience including source code management, version control, CI/CD pipelines, and Infrastructure as Code a plus
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure technologies including AD, DHCP, DNS, GPO, DSC
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Taking responsibility, accountability, and ownership of relevant technologies and processes
- Ability to successfully lead complex and/or significant projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, supervisors, and management
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs, JSON, XML and developing integrations
- Working knowledge of cloud IAM
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation's leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board of Directors and was named in 2020 and 2021 as one of America's Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek.
How we act today protects how we live tomorrow. Check out our 2020 CSR Report here:
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs at HNI - they are operational imperatives. We value each other's differences in experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI goals here:
We offer Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary benefit, Daily Pay! To learn about all the benefits HNI has to offer visit .
We also invite you to visit us at to learn more!