Cloud Security Engineer
Overview of Position
The Cloud Information Security Engineer provides information assurance solutions to our customers. This role has direct responsibility to ensure responsive Information Security guidance and support for all internal and external customer needs. They will consult with internal and external customers to identify Information Security issues, assist in the development of solutions, and directly communicate resulting Information Security strategy to appropriate stakeholders.
- Performing analysis of cloud security needs and contributing to design, integration, and implementation of security solutions, cloud services and applications
- Creating, enhancing and maintaining tooling and scripts to automate repetitive tasks
- Maintaining a tight collaboration with various Cloud, DevOps, Application, and Information Security teams across the enterprise
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for moderate to complex IT issues
- Develops documentation to support ongoing security systems operations, maintenance and specific problem resolution
- Review, interpret and adapt customer, regulatory and corporate security and compliance requirements into technical design options
- Participates with Enterprise Risk Management team to ensure proper identification of policy issues/violations
- Conduct research on cloud related products, services and standards to remain abreast of developments in the information security industry
- Designing, engineering and implementing security solutions for complex on-premise and cloud environments; enforcing the security policy and complying with requirements of external security audits and recommendations
- Building, integrating, maintaining, and monitoring cloud services with on-premise and cloud technologies
- Automating security controls, data and processes to provide better visibility, metrics, service delivery, and operational support
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 5 or more years experience in security system administration with several of those years gaining experience in deploying and maintaining security technologies such as CASB, identity and access management, firewall, intrusion detection, threat and vulnerability management, VPN, encryption, key management, log inspection, anti-malware, etc.
- Bachelors degree in computer information security/related field or equivalent experience
- CISSP, CCSP, CCSK preferred
- Relevant Cloud Service Provider certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect is an asset
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- In-depth knowledge in cloud security, network security, application security, endpoint protection, data loss prevention, vulnerability management, and security incident response in traditional on-premise, virtual, container, and cloud environments
- Solid knowledge of AWS, Azure, GCP, and other public and private Cloud Service Providers
- Possess programming and scripting skills (e.g C#, Perl, Java, Powershell, or Python)
- Experience with CI/CD, containerizing, orchestration, and bug tracking tools (e.g Azure DevOps, Ansible, Jenkins, OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes, JIRA, etc.)
- Deep understanding of Windows and Linux systems hardening, containerization, and cloud security controls
- Experience with security compliance standards like HIPAA, HITRUST, PCI, SOC-2, FISMA, GDPR/Privacy Shield
- Understanding of Agile processes and methodologies (e.g Scrum, Kanban and Scaled Agile)
- Experience with source code management and software repository systems (e.g Git/GitHub, Subversion, Team Foundation Server, etc.)
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools (e.g AWS CloudFormation, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, Azure Resource Manager, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
li-remote Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at and the supplemental information at
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcares Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information () .
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicant will reveive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status.