At EY, youll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And were counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector (GPS) practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
Our GPS Technology Organization is a structure within the US GPS practice that implements and maintains a new operate and technology model designed specifically to support U.S. defense and Government engagements. The opportunity
You will be a key member of a dedicated operations team with responsibility of assuring overall health of core cloud services commonly used by solutions deployed in Azure Gov, making recommendations on their continuous health, performance and reliability.
You will monitor service health and their hosting environments in Azure Gov for exceptions, review their performance, manage demand planning and capacity utilization. Your focus will be on stability and uptime with an emphasis on quick incident resolution and automated solutions that prevent future outages. You will support promotion cycles of solutions, testing and executing version upgrades and patches.
You will be expected to keep up with industry developments and standards, ensuring innovative approaches to operate and support data environments. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Lead delivery of on-going maintenance and management of pre-production, production services, setting timelines and monitoring activities in alignment with business requirements
- Contribute to the development of implementation plans for dealing with complex requests for change
- Review new product support documentation and design release packages for solutions
- Monitor effectiveness of installations and ensure that appropriate recommendations for change are made
- Oversee preliminary reviews for new environments and the adaption of findings to existing environments, including capacity and performance management recommendations,
- Develop internal control standards and contribute to the development of procedures
- Develop relationships with other engineering groups to gain a strong understanding of products and services as well as key business processes and apply technical support engineering expertise to ensure solutions are property managed and maintained
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Comprehensive understanding of complete stack of technologies in Azure Gov, with ability to troubleshoot underlying issues.
- Knowledge and experience on administering Azure Tenants, Subscriptions, Resource Groups and shared technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, etc.
- Knowledge of business processes, products, and services, within agreed areas of expertise and can provide input and advice to key stakeholders, such as Product Owners, business sponsors and Service Delivery Managers
- Ability to systematically break apart complex problems (written, verbal or numerical). Ability to analyse figures to solve a problem.
- Ability to be analytical and systematic whilst being open-minded and creative.
- Able to base decisions on facts rather than emotions, and always using logic.
Ideally, youll also have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, Mathematics, or relevant experience
- 5-7+ years of relevant work experience
- Significant experience in either a support engineering role, or similar
- Proven experience in customer facing roles
- Proven managed service experience with modern technology understanding including cloud service, virtual networks/systems
- Sound experience working with environment configuration management, technical and process support for new infrastructure and environments
- Ability to create, diagnose and execute CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
- Ability to work in a team environment with in a high performing team
- ITIL Foundation Certification and other technology certifications are very beneficial
- Ability to obtain, maintain Top Secret security clearance level
- Must present verification that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before your start date. If you are not able to be vaccinated because of a medical condition or disability or because of a sincerely held religious belief, an accommodation will be considered upon request.
What we look for
- Experience working in a diverse fast paced environment in collaboration with other technical teams.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized with ability to translate & communicate complex and abstract issues.
- Experience in Installation, Administration and Troubleshooting of Data Technologies in Azure.
- Experience working Agile/Scrum environment preferred.
- Experience utilizing automated solutions with Azure Devops as the orchestrator of choice would be a plus.
What we offer
- A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with ambition and passion
We offer a competitive compensation package where youll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, youll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. Youll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: Youll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: Well provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: Well give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: Youll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Denver Salary Range: $82,400 - 131,600
Hartford Salary Range:$82,400 - 131,600
Stamford Salary Range: $98,900 - 157,900
Las Vegas Salary Range: $82,400 - 131,600 If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. Its yours to build. EY Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EYs Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at .