This job is located in Hornell.
Join Our Team: If making a difference in someone's life is important to you, join our team today! Overview:
Elderwood at Hornell is seeking a reliable and compassionate Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Apply today for a Part time, Full time or Per Diem CNA opportunity with Elderwood at Hornell. We have options on days, evenings & overnight shifts.
Other Perks include:
- NEW OPPORTUNITY for higher a base wage (for part timers only - 22.5-30 hours): Pay in Lieu of Benefits Program. Apply today to learn more!
- Tuition Assistance Program for nursing aspirations
- Robust Employee Referral Bonuses
- 401K Plus EMPLOYER MATCHING
- Free Uniforms
- Full suite of heath benefits
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) Position Overview:
- Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) provide personal and nursing care to meet the physical and emotional needs of residents in our skilled nursing facility. They are under the direction of a licensed nurse. State specific certification is required.
Shifts Options for CNAs:
- Day: 6a-2p
- Evenings: 2p-10p
- Overnights: 10p-6a
All shifts include every other weekend requirements
About Elderwood at Hornell:
- Nestled among the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains along the Canisteo River in Steuben County, you'll find Elderwood at Hornell. The skilled nursing facility, just 55 miles south of Rochester, NY, offers an experienced and dedicated staff that cares for residents who need long-term nursing home and memory care. Comprehensive physical, occupational and speech therapy are provided in an updated therapy suite. Elderwood at Hornell also provides Adult Medical Day Services to members of the community.
Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Close to thruway entrances/exits, Conveniently located on a bus route, Free On-Site Parking, Free Uniforms, Generous PTO & holiday package, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, NEW Weekly Pay Schedule!, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for prizes!, Substantial employee referral program, Tuition reimbursement program Responsibilities:
- Direct and monitor the personal care duties carried out by Nursing Assistants of an assigned team.
- Report to Charge Nurse unusual symptoms, daily needs and progress of residents.
- Notify Charge Nurse of changes in residents' conditions or needs
- Follow the Profile of Care for each resident and monitor the performance of the Nursing Assistants in carrying out the appropriate aspects of the care plan.
- Responsible for responding immediately to residents' requests.
- Assist residents with the following Activities of Daily Living (ADL), according to their plan of care and individual needs.
Base wages increase with experience!
Base salary starting at (note: salary increases with experience):: USD $15.50/Hr. Qualifications:
- Seventeen (17) years of age required; high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Employment Certificate/Permit required for 17 years of age.
- Registration in the State Nurse Aide Registry (CNA) is required. Active on the State Nursing Aide Registry with no findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment or misappropriation of property.
- Training and work experience in a geriatric setting preferred.
- Ability to supervise and work well with other personnel
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Caring and respectful attitude towards residents
- Physical stamina for constant activity required.
- Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.