Zimmer Biomet is a world leader in musculoskeletal health solutions. Our team members are part of a company with a heritage of leadership, a focus on shaping the future, and a mission dedicated to alleviating pain and improving the quality of life for people around the world.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide advanced technical support and guidance to less experienced CNC Programmers.
- Develop machining processes and programs for the manufacturing of products in multiple-axis machining centers.
- Take the lead role in process improvement and cost reductions through productivity improvement and machine time reductions, including tool and new product program testing.
- Aid in data management of the FACTORY NET system.
- Provide input into the purchase of new CNC equipment.
- Responsible for the CAD system that generates computer models of the parts.
- Develop, train and provide technical support to less experienced CNC Operators.
- Prioritize work assignments and provide feedback and coaching to less experienced team members.
- Develop machining processes and programs for the manufacturing of products in multiple-axis machining centers interfacing with tool engineers, manufacturing engineers, development engineers, quality engineers and production personnel.
- Analyze part drawings, sketches, and design data to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selecting cutting tools, and machine speeds and feeds, according to knowledge of machine shop processes.
- Perform debugging and testing of CNC programs in the machining centers. Develop and maintain CNC programs of multiple-axis machining centers using an advanced three-dimensional programming CAD system.
- Prepare, store and maintain program files in the FACTORY NET database system.
- Write instruction sheets and tool lists to guides set-up and operation of the machining centers. Provide input on the purchase of all CNC related machine tools and programming equipment, to include information on controls, FACTORY NET linking, and aid in any testing required in the purchase of new CNC equipment.
- Aid in the training of production operators on the use of new CNC machine control and tools. Aid in the departmental FACTORY NET system data base maintenance.
- Maintain status reports on program availability on a timely basis. Assist in preparation of cell and/or area budgets.
- May lead the work of less experienced team members.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and might not necessarily comprise all of the essential functions for purposes of the Americans with Disabilities Act.Expected Areas of Competence
- Must possess extensive CNC machining process and programing knowledge.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and ISO standards required.
- Working knowledge online project management systems preferred.
- Experience leading and training others helpful.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills, be team and customer focused and have good interpersonal skills.
- Associates Degree in related field and 3-5 years related experience preferred. Or 5+ years experience with related training/certification (e.g., Tool & Die, Machinist or NIMS certification).
Up to 5%Additional Information
At Zimmer Biomet, we believe in The Power of Us, which means that we are stronger together. We are committed to creating an environment where every team member feels included, respected, empowered, and celebrated.