Open Interviews every Wednesday and Thursday from 10AM - 3PM CST at 1554 E Langdon Rd, Dallas, TX 75241Receive a $2,000 bonus, paid in increments based on length of service. Joining our Community of Heroes is the first step towards accumulating employee rewards. Apply and learn more about our newest perk.At CoreCivic we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Monitor I, Community Corrections who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in a residential setting.
Who We Are: CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services and residential and non-residential transition centers. We provide effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, CoreCivic operates more than 70 security facilities nationwide and over 50 community residential and non- residential centers. Our employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism, and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do: Change the lives of those in your care! The Monitor I, Community Corrections is responsible for the supervision of the facility population including but not limited to safety, security and facility sanitation. This role provides for the care, custody and control of residents and establishes a safe environment for the facility, staff, visitors and residents.
- Monitor resident population and reports any suspicious activities or violations of policy, procedures, or regulations by residents or other individuals.
- Conduct resident counts, searches, room inspections, and vehicle searches as required.
- Conduct drug and alcohol testing as needed or as directed by facility administration.
- Process residents for intake/discharge in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Monitor resident worker activities, provides necessary instruction, and applies standards and procedures for the completion and quality of work performed by residents, where applicable.
- Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies and disasters to include administering basic emergency medical aid and CPR, physically removing people away from dangerous situations, and securing and evacuating people from confined areas.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Work experience in the operations of a correctional facility is preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing and apply problem solving techniques to complex issues.
- Must be available to work any hours, any shift.
- Must complete pre-service and other training programs as required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
Legal Disclaimer: CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE - including Disability/Veteran