The American College of Financial Services (The College), a regionally accredited and nonprofit higher education institution located in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, supports the financial services industry through professional education, graduate studies, relevant research, and customized learning solutions.
The College is seeking a full-time(37.5 hours-40 hours/week
),benefit-eligible corporate attorney, to serve as internal counsel and to review and make recommendations on all College legal affairs. The principal objective is to ensure that The Colleges transactions comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations, while actively helping The College to mitigate potential legal risks and possible violations.
This position has overall responsibility for consulting and leading processes such as contract review and negotiations, compliance issues, intellectual property (IP) protection, transactions, partnerships, and legal claims. The successful incumbent will also be responsible for negotiating agreements and contract terms as necessary. Responsibilities:
- Prepare legal documents.
- Support evaluation of new partnerships with client companies, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Assist in representing The College in any legal proceedings.
- Promote the maintenance of strong corporate governance.
- Assist in navigating requirements of government agencies, such as the Pennsylvania Department of Education and the US Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Design and oversee The College's policy and position on legal matters.
- Maintain a portfolio of trademarks and protect IP.
- Support development and maintenance of employment policies.
- Protect the organization against legal risks and violations.
- Examine the legal issues related to new programs, products and/or services, and potential business partnerships/combinations.
- Negotiate contracts and deals on behalf of The College.
- Guide management on regulatory and compliance issues.
- Develop College policies and positions on legal matters.
- Maintain legal filings system.
- Supervise and maintain partnerships with law firms.