**This position has a pay rate of $21.40**
At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good. We are currently seeking a Correctional Officer, PRN (As Need Basis) who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional, secure setting. Come join a team that is dedicated to making an impact for the people and communities we serve.
The Correctional Officer, PRN (As Need Basis) performs routine duties in accordance with established policies, regulations and procedures to maintain order and provide for the security, care and direct supervision of inmates/residents in housing units, at meals, during recreation, on work assignments and during all other phases of activity in a correctional facility. May employ weapons or force to maintain discipline and order.
- Responsible for maintaining order and security of inmates in a correctional facility.
- Able to work any shift, as you may be assigned to a variety of posts including, but not limited to, armory/key control, housing units, kitchen, medical, visitation, etc.
- CoreCivic recognizes your military service to qualify you for positions
requiring criminal justice experience.
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Must complete pre-service correctional officer training and, where applicable, be a non-commissioned security officer licensed by the state of employment.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Demonstrate ability to complete any required training.
- Must be available to work any hours, any shift.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran.