Our Community Life Services team at Bishop Gadsden, James Island, is seeking a part-time Cosmetologist to join our team! This team member will provide complete and quality cosmetology services and products to the residents and staff of the Bishop Gadsden Community in our beautiful Spa. Bishop Gadsden provides all of the required cosmetology tools, training and continuing education necessary for our team members to be their best. Bishop Gadsden offers our part time team members a variety of benefits, hourly rate plus commission, and paid time off. The successful candidate will have compassion for and the desire to work with the elderly.
Come join us Tuesdays 7am-8:30am or Thursdays 1-4pm for walk in interviews! 8000 Noble Oak Way, Charleston, SC 29412.
Be BG! Benefits for Bishop Gadsden Team Members!
Bishop Gadsden located on James Island, is a not-for-profit, faith-based retirement community, affiliated with the Episcopal Church. Bishop Gadsden is known as the Southeast's leading life care retirement community and is located on 134 acres of lush marshlands and majestic oaks on James Island, just 10 minutes from downtown Charleston!
Check out our quick video highlighting why working at Bishop Gadsden is different! Please copy/paste this link into your browser:
We offer part time team members a flexible and fun work environment, top pay, great benefits, and a community-minded atmosphere! The successful full-time candidate will enjoy access to a wide range of benefits such as:
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and ability to cash in unused PTO
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D Policy
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Matching Retirement Plan
- Free 24/7 TELADOC for team member and household
- Wellness Programs and Facilities with discounts on personal training and massage therapy
- Access to and discounted BG Spa Services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Scholarship Opportunities for Education and Student Debt Payoff
- Company paid CPR/AED classes
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Celebrations/Giveaways
- Monthly Safety Cash Giveaways
- Community Café / Employee onsite dining options
- Free Onsite and close proximity parking
- Holiday Pay (9 holidays) paid at time and for hourly team members
- Free holiday meal for team members working on a given holiday
- End-of-the-Year Bonus for all team members
- Ability to apply to purchase donated vehicles
- Generous Spirit Program where team members earn PTO for working on approved charitable activities
- Free Working Advantage Entertainment Benefit Membership (exclusive entertainment discounts/special offers)
- Provide professional hair care using the following techniques: shampoo, cut, style, roller set, blow dry.
- Provide safe hair care using the following techniques: perm, color treatment, chemical treatment
- Provide service to healthcare residents that reflects their best interest
- Complete manicure, pedicure and hair removal services as requested
- Maintain and schedule appointments.
- Answer incoming telephone inquiries in a pleasant method using good customer service skills
- Complete weekly sales reports
- Maintain work area in a clean, neat manner and adhere to DHEC and accepted customer service standards
- Ensure clean supply of work station supplies are available to include towels.
- Accept additional duties as necessary in a cooperative manner
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct exhibiting a respectful and courteous demeanor at all times
- Interpersonal skills are necessary for exchanging information as well as maintaining a courteous relationship with the residents, families, visitors and employees
- Ability to communicate and comprehend clearly and effectively both verbally and written in English
- Ability to operate computer and keyboard
- Ability to read and comprehend numbers and written material both on paper and on computer systems
- Able to stand, stoop, bend, reach, squat, climb, reach above head, carry, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to sit and stand for periods of time
Required Education and Experience
- High school education preferred
- SC Board of Cosmetology License