Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Secret Job Family:
Database Analysis/Design This position is remote, physically located in the U.S., and will require reporting to office in Sterling, VA, approximately two (2) days a month. The contractor needs to be a US Citizen. Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee and monitor all frameworks to manage data across the INL Bureau.
- Determine procedure(s) to identify and collect all required data, validate processes, and recommend improvements to data collection and quality control procedures.
- Coordinate with project supervisors and business leads and manage all projects regarding enterprise data.
- Coordinate with clients, data users and key stakeholders to develop and achieve various long-term objectives for data architecture.; draft and implement SOPs to fulfill said objectives
- Collaborate with new and existing users, provide support to all objectives, and assist to create various data architecture.
- Design short-term solutions to achieve data modernization goals and prepare data roadmap for management.
- Design, maintain, and provide support to all data management methodologies according to required standards.
- Design annual technology business plans.
- Administer mapping of all data sources and movement and analyze to ensure appropriate quality of all data.
- Analyze information flows and recommend appropriate technologies to provide support to all business processes.
- Manage various data associate problems such as system configuration and integration on multiple platforms.
- Develop key metrics for data quality and ensure integrity of data architecture.
- Monitor and identify appropriate equipment, tools and systems to achieve all data technology goals.
- Prepare and update documents for data architecture; maintain knowledge repositories and SOPs on Enterprise data structure and best practices.
- Provide training to manage various data and ensure enhancement in working with staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess active DOD/DOS Secret Security Clearance or higher
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field;
- A minimum of twenty (20) years' experience including five (5+) in a similar role;
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, or similar role;
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) technologies
- Demonstrated experience gathering and analyzing system requirements;
- Demonstrated knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques;
- Demonstrated expertise in hierarchical, network, and object-oriented database systems;
- Demonstrated expertise in SQL (2014 or newer) and Oracle (11g or newer);
- Demonstrated mastery of MS Excel;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Java, and .NET languages;
- Demonstrated mastery of NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, Cassandra and/or other Blob Storage engines
- Demonstrated familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, D3.js and R);
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and analytical abilities;
- Ability to work well in cross-functional, matrixed, group environments with minimal guidance;
- Outstanding problem solver;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.