Responsible for supporting development of data information exchange business processes between multiple systems (ERP, TMS, BI, other) to ensure a seamless and accurate platform of data is maintained. Understanding of data alignment across scope systems is critical to maintain integrity of reporting, functionality and business rules. Support of Logistics Operations team, Business Analysis (BA) team and Customer through complete data mapping assignment and subsequent upgrades or mapping changes. This role would report into Data Science.Essential Functions:
- Ensures mapping process will support data integrity
- Effective management of data mapping process that supports data fields, business rules, and exception-based rules from multiple systems to be combined and updated in a manner that will support all analytical needs.
- Curating and delivering consistent transportation related information to many stakeholders including Customers, Data Science team and Management/Executive teams.
- Assisting in the development and execution of Transplace Analytics Strategy & Roadmap in collaboration with other key stakeholders and support staff
- Establishing quality controls and cross company alignment of key data points and performance indicators.
- Identifying and implementing solutions addressing data gaps to enable creation of new reports/metrics, improvement of existing reports/metrics, and analysis of data
- Improves the efficiency of accessing data across multiple systems to support both the Customer and Transplace internal stakeholders.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Identifies and communicates to management process improvements that support calculation governance initiatives across company and accounts.
- Alignment with the Analytic teams of both the customer and operations to ensure data integrity across multiple BI reporting systems.
- Data management from multiple sources will remain aligned with business rules and flow.
- Supports team through meeting tasks and deliverables assigned from a project
- Assesses business processes and data for improvement opportunities and communicates those to management team
- Works through the defined business processes in delivering value opportunities to customer
- Learns and applies quality methodologies in performing system alignment
- Promoting consistency and governance across accounts subject to internal company objectives to minimize cost and maximize customer experience and reuse across a broader user base for both KPIs and BI reporting.
Enforce and develop department standards for design, construction, testing, implementation and documentation.
Minimum Qualifications Needed to Perform Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain general knowledge of Transplace and customer s business operations and the logistics industry.
- Demonstrated abilities in customer support/satisfaction role, successful deployment and technical acumen converting data to actionable insights.
- Demonstrated use of commercial software solutions supporting analytics dashboards: Tableau preferred
- Prior experience in design and execution of analytical/reporting projects extensively in large scale data bases and data warehouses
- Familiarity of data manipulation tools is required. Alteryx experience is desired.
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Transportation experience a significant plus.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in an analytical field - e.g. Supply Chain, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations
- In-depth systems analysis and design using a structured development methodology. Knowledge of the functional area is desirable. Awareness of current and evolving information technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Strong technical, analysis and systems design skills.
Transplace, an Uber Freight company, powers one of the largest managed transportation and logistics networks in the world. Its tech-enabled services and solutions platform are backed by the combination of innovative technology and a dedicated team of domain experts, engineers, and data scientists. Transplace is committed to thrilling its customers by consistently improving supply chain performance and providing greater visibility and control of their logistics networks. Companies of all sizes rely on Transplace to deliver trusted outcomes through best-in-class logistics management, strategic capacity, and cross-border services.
Follow the company on our social media pages and blogs:EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle of Transplace, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.