Meta designs, builds, leases and operates the most innovative and efficient data centers in the world, supports them with 100% renewable energy as part of our goal to maintain net-zero emissions for our operations today, and achieve net-zero emissions across our supply chain by 2030, and has a goal to be water positive across our operations by 2030. Meta is seeking an experienced and outgoing individual to join our data center advocacy team to support our strategic engagement on energy and environment policy issues that impact data center operations. You must have direct experience developing and successfully implementing government affairs and outreach strategies at the state level in the energy space. This role will partner closely with our energy strategy, renewable energy teams, and environment teams. Required Skills:
Data Center Advocacy Manager, Energy and Environment Responsibilities:
- Lead work to identify, track, review, analyze and summarize state legislative energy and environment policy proposals in up to 30 states, including their impacts to data center operations, environmental permitting, grid reliability and decarbonization. This includes managing the review from the Commercial Energy, Environment, and Renewable Energy teams.
- Support state policy and external partners to execute advocacy efforts.
- Work in partnership with cross-functional partners and external consultants to identify emerging policy issues related to renewable energy, electricity providers and generators, and water, and assess the potential impact to data center operations and Metas environmental goals.
- Facilitate internal alignment amongst internal and external cross functional teams.
- Partner with our State Policy, Sustainability, Data Center, and Communications teams to facilitate alignment and promote awareness of Meta energy goals and strategy.
- Travel to states with Meta data centers to support the State Policy team where appropriate with local stakeholders (up to 30% travel during legislative cycles).
- Bachelor's degree in public policy, economics, energy, sustainability or related.
- 8+ years of experience in energy-focused policy advocacy or related strategic fields, with a focus on policy subject matter expertise on electricity and decarbonization issues.
- Experience leading projects that support state level legislative advocacy initiatives that span across roles and teams in the organization (business and policy teams), as well as external partners. This includes identify and monitoring legislation and summarizing policy proposals.
- Experience building outreach programs and managing stakeholder relations at a state, national or international level.
- Organizational skills.
- Experience developing and successfully implementing strategic initiatives.
- Experience translating technical information into strategic content that supports external initiatives.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and multi-task while maintaining attention to detail.
- Masters degree or law degree with a focus on environmental policy.
Internet Equal Opportunity:
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at .