Data Engineer (1551)at SMX(View all jobs) ()
Our tradition of delivering innovative, technical solutions dates back to 1995, however, you may know us better by one of our legacy company names: Trident Technologies, Smartronix, Datastrong or C2S Consulting Group. With the support of OceanSound Partners, our private equity investment sponsor, we began operating as one business starting in 2019 and became SMX in 2021. We operate in close proximity to our clients around the globe and have core locations in Alabama, California, DC Metro, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, and Massachusetts.
Today, as SMX, we are one team and together empower government and commercial enterprises to become more effective, innovative, and resilient, no matter what challenges they face.
SMX is seeking an experienced Data Engineer (DE) with extensive knowledge of dimensional data modeling, data movement and storage, enterprise analytics, data pipelines, and shaping data for presentation. In this role the DE will be expected to provide billable delivery support to customers and must possess deep knowledge of ETL, data integration, and visualizations to be able to effectively deliver solutions customers.
The ideal candidate will have a technical background to gather requirements and drive engagement with both our engineering teams and customer teams. A successful candidate will be a creative problem solver with strong technical skills comfortable delivering data solutions to customers. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and deliver ETL data integration workflow components, including the reverse engineering of existing workflows and re-platforming of those on new platforms
- Work within an AWS environment and comfortable using services including Amazon S3, Redshift, RDS, Glue, Athena, etc.
- Assemble data sets to meet functional and non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, etc.
- Work with business stakeholders to assist with data-related needs and issues
- Create data tools for front-end analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in their responsibilities
- Design and deliver ETL data integration workflow components
- Take direction from, and provide clear and timely updates to delivery and/or sales leadership
- Facilitate white-boarding architecture sessions to help customers understand complex architectures and concepts
- Participate as a team player capable of high performance and flexibility in a dynamic working environment
- Actively participate in the development and review of business and system requirements to obtain a thorough understanding of customer needs to deliver accurate solutions
- Serve as a technical SME for key customers and be able to contribute to on-going delivery efforts for select customers as needed
- Clearance required: None
- Experience with ETL tools
- Experience with Reporting/Analytics tools (MicroStrategy, Tableau, PowerBI, Tableau, Business Objects, etc.)
- Data manipulation & analysis
- Unstructured data management
- Experience with Cloud Technologies (S3, Redshift, lambda, AWS, etc.)
- A strong desire to contribute to the overall growth and scale of the organization by contributing to the sales process, interviewing technical candidates, and developing deep customer relationships
- Experience working in agile development environments; experience with Scrum Process
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Customer-focused attitude
- Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Business Analytics disciplines, or related area
- 4+ years of experience with ETL and data integration, data quality analysis, statistical analysis and/or modeling
SMX is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability status, protected veteran status, race, color, age, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. SMX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Vaccination within 60-days of hire, or an approved accommodation, is a requirement of the position per Executive Order 14042 (unless precluded by State law). If a candidate is not vaccinated, they may request an accommodation once offered the position, and the accommodation must be granted prior to the employee starting in the position. Candidate will have 60 days to get vaccinated.