At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
At Edward Jones we are developing a next-generation analytics architecture to support our growing business. As part of the Data Architecture and Data Design team, you will be challenged daily to find innovative solutions to improve the speed and consumption of our information. This will also bring you into contact with a diverse array of stakeholders ranging from IT to our front line business organizations, and you will be working on a data platform that establishes the foundational layer for Edward Jones analytics for years to come. Responsibility Summary:
- Analyze data requirement and mapping documents to determine the best solution for data onboarding
- Work across stakeholders including data stewards, business analysts, and data modelers to clarify and confirm data requirements
- Design and implement the ODS data platform required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture capable of ingesting structured and unstructured data in near Real Time
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional and technical requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: Automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Develop data flows that can leverage both on premise and cloud architectures
- Build KPIs that utilize the data pipeline to provide insights into user adoption, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Implement data control and exception handling including data reconciliation
- Work with stakeholders including the business analytics teams and IS architecture teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), as well as experience with complex Stored Procedures for data processing.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and datasets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data' data stores
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- 5+ years' experience building large scale operational data stores in Oracle or equivalent relational database
- Understanding of data domains such as client, account, investments, transactions, holdings etc. are highly desired
- Candidates should also have 3+ years of experience using the following software/tools:
- Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Oracle, MongoDB, or Azure SQL
- Experience with AWS/Azure cloud services
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Kafka, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function Scripting languages: Python, Java, etc.
- Experience with IICS (Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services) or similar ETL tools
- FORTUNE 2020 - Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list - the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firm's 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $106916 - $182047