Are you passionate about data analytics and model evaluation? Do you like Natural Language Processing (NLP)? Do you enjoy solving data science problems?
For supporting our Research (AI) team in our Valencia office we are currently looking for a Data Scientist (m/f/d). You will work on innovative projects in different data science, NLP, and artificial intelligence areas:
- Classification model
- Cross-domain and bias-oriented quality evaluation of AI models
- Text analytics
- Opinion mining
- Psycholinguistic profiling
In addition, your work will NOT only focus on the company's products and customers. At Symanto we will encourage you to explore your R&D ideas aligned with our business needs and to publish in blogs, fora, and reputable research conferences and journals.
Join our team and you will have the opportunity to work with MSc and PhD researchers from different nationalities, with a record of more than 80 research publications. Please take a look at the papers published at Symanto.
Your job will be
- Conduct data analytics processes to ensure the quality of our machine and deep learning models
- Write data pipelines to identify possible domain and content biases in our AI models
- Develop efficient and scalable data analytics solutions.
- Create, modify, and maintain container data analytics applications.
- Support your colleagues in data science, NLP and engineering-related matters.
- Education, Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, data science, telecommunication technologies, or similar.
- Master's degree in data science, data analytics, big data, or similar.
- +2 years experience in a data science related role. As a researcher, analyst, or engineer.
- Fluency in English.
- Advanced knowledge of the following data analytics technologies and concepts: classification model evaluation; data visualization (plotting and dashboards); data science packages (pandas, numpy, scipy, SciKit-Learn ).
- Knowledge of the following software engineering technologies: git; python; API and web service development (e.g. FastAPI); application containers and their orchestration (e.g. docker and kubernetes); SQL and databases.
- Basic knowledge of the following technologies and concepts: ssh, and linux terminal; bash; user interfaces (app or web-based); system architectures; agile methodologies.
- Respectfulness; teamwork skills; organizational and planning skills; communication skills; creativity; problem solving; autonomy.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- PhD in data science, data analytics, big data, or similar.
- +5 years experience in a data science related role. As a researcher, analyst, or engineer.
- Experience evaluating and ensuring the quality of AI models
- Experience with: NLP & deep learning; bottleneck detection and resolution (in code, data pipelines, etc); cloud computing; developing APIs and web services based on cloud solutions.
- Spanish and/or German are a plus.
- knowledge of Microsoft Azure DevOps Services; tensorflow; pytorch; C; C++.
What we offer
- Work on Innovative projects and solutions
- Possibility to publish in blogs, fora, and reputable research conferences and journals
- Training in new technologies and domains
- Flexible working time
- A company laptop plus access to cloud GPU servers to conduct your research
- Home Office possibility
- Great people to work with in an international environment
- Chance to develop and grow with the company
- Out of office events