OTC Markets, operator of premier US market places, is seeking a talented Database Administrator to join our Database Technology team! This is a great opportunity for a technology professional interested in working for an industry leader in financial technology.
Please note, due to COVID-19, OTC Markets is currently operating in a hybrid work environment (3 days in office, 2 days remotely).
Our Core Values are incorporated in each aspect of our Company. We encourage autonomy, professionally passionate discussions of opposing viewpoints, creativity and transparency. We are Open, Transparent, and Connected. We are OTC strong. At OTC Markets, we all win together.
We invest heavily in employee satisfaction and offer all our employees a highly competitive compensation package. As a dynamic, growing company that fosters an open culture, we emphasize autonomy, responsibility, innovation and self-discipline. We are looking for someone who wants to make an impressive impact at a company known for its reputation on quality and achievement.
What OTC Markets offers its Team Members (why you should choose us):
- Generous vacation policy in addition to 10 annual holidays observed and Summer Fridays.
- Snacks and sodas and a very chic coffee bar.
- Annual bonus and stock incentive program.
- Office refreshments and company happy hours.
- Monday Bagels and Friday Pizza.
- Life and disability insurance, including paid parental leave.
- Health insurance plans designed to meet the various coverage needs and preferences (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health, transit, parking and dependent care, as well as Healthcare Savings.
- Accounts for qualifying plans.
Come as you are and just be you. We are an equal opportunity and e-verify employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, political belief, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information, family or parental status, gender identity, pregnancy, including childbirth or related medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We encourage applicants of all ages and backgrounds.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Lead the configuration, management & performance tuning of mission critical, low latency, high volume MariaDB and PostgreSQL databases in a hybrid cloud environment
- Propose, design & implement database standby, failover and backup solutions to meet our database availability and business continuity requirements
- Design & implement indexing, partitioning & query tuning strategies to improve database performance and scalability
- Design & develop solutions to copy / migrate data across databases residing in AWS and on-prem
- Implement proactive monitoring & maintenance solutions to improve the reliability of our database systems
- Collaborate with development & QA teams on designing and implementing database applications both on-prem and in AWS
- Perform troubleshooting & analysis of database issues and follow up on them through resolution
- Provide production / on-call DBA support for our core database systems
- 10+ years of experience in the administration & management of large-scale RDBMS database systems
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in the implementation & management of MariaDB/MySQL database systems on Linux
- Experience with PostgreSQL database systems is desirable
- Strong experience in database schema design, indexing and query tuning
- Hands-on experience with bash shell scripting and source code management tools such as GIT
- Experience performing database deployments, troubleshooting, analysis and resolving issues in large production environments
- Working knowledge of AWS services (i.e. RDS, Aurora, S3, Athena, EC2 etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelors degree in computer science and / or appropriate certifications
OTC Markets Groups newly redesigned headquarters foster an open and collaborative environment for employees and clients, utilizing more than 33,000 square feet of space. Our NY office is located in Brookfield Place, in the heart of the financial district, surrounded by Hudson River Park and home to luxury retail and dining establishments, featuring extensive public space and world-class amenities.
OTC Markets Group Inc. (OTCQX: OTCM) operates regulated markets for trading 12,000 U.S. and international securities. Our data-driven disclosure standards form the foundation of our three public markets: OTCQX Best Market, OTCQB Venture Market and Pink Open Market.
Our OTC Link Alternative Trading Systems (ATSs) provide critical market infrastructure that broker-dealers rely on to facilitate trading. Our innovative model offers companies more efficient access to the U.S. financial markets.
OTC Link ATS, OTC Link ECN and OTC Link NQB are each an SEC regulated ATS, operated by OTC Link LLC, a FINRA and SEC registered broker-dealer, member SIPC.
To learn more about how we create better informed and more efficient markets, visit .
Applicants have rights under the federal law:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law ()
Polygraph Protection Act
Powered by JazzHR