Apply for this job now
Development Senior Engineer II Onsite
- Warsaw, Indiana
- Job Type
- 20 Jul 2022
Apply for this job now
Zimmer Biomet is a world leader in musculoskeletal health solutions. Our team members are part of a company with a heritage of leadership, a focus on shaping the future, and a mission dedicated to alleviating pain and improving the quality of life for people around the world.
Responsible for the design, development, and processing of patient specific implants and instruments based upon individual patient anatomy or conditions. Work is expected to encompass both the development of new products and maintenance of existing products. Position will lead small scope project as a project leader or portions of larger scope project as a core team member as well as individual patient cases. Position may be required to provide on-the-job training to new engineers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Leads the development of new patient specific products and manufacturing processes.
Identifies all tasks required to complete project assignments according to Design Control procedures.
Prepares work plans outlining estimated manpower requirements and development costs.
Recommends project budget and schedule to carry out programs on a timely basis.
These products may be individual products for a patient specific case or FDA cleared products intended for use in conjunction with patient specific devices.
Designs for manufacturability, inspectability and optimum cost Participates in root cause analysis for problem solving
Contributes to generation of a comprehensive protocol for testing/analyzing the product
Coordinating product evaluation and patient specific case proposal discussions with surgeon
Prepares definitive new product specifications or modifies existing specifications
Prepared patient specific design proposals for approval by surgeon for multiple cases.
Generates or updates design assurance documentation for the product
Completes stress analysis on new or existing designs Generates and/or manages the creation of prototype models to evaluate new design concepts
Expected Areas of Competence
• Full working knowledge of and moderate level of experience with new product development
• Demonstrated ability to methodically investigate, determine appropriate solution and resolve problems using current technology
• Ability to develop project schedule and assess cross functional team's progress on assignments relative to project schedule
• Ability to process customer complaints, engineering changes and nonconforming product, and make recommendations based upon business principles
• Professional, concise, tactful and sensitive in communications. Accomplishes objectives when communicating with internal personnel, and external customers and vendors.
• Demonstrated good written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills
• Working knowledge of drafting standards and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
• Assures preproduction quality requirements are met
• Microsoft Office Suite and Project
Minimum B.S. degree from an ABET accredited school (or global equivalent) in one of the following engineering disciplines, 5-7 years of experience: Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering Technology, Bioengineering Technology, Aerospace Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering. Medical device, particularly Orthopaedic industry, experience preferred.
Up to 5%
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and might not necessarily comprise all of the essential functions for purposes of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
At Zimmer Biomet, we believe in The Power of Us, which means that we are stronger together. We are committed to creating an environment where every team member feels included, respected, empowered, and celebrated.
- Job Reference: 662938992-2
- Date Posted: 20 July 2022
- Recruiter: Zimmer Biomet Holdings
- Location: Warsaw, Indiana
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent