At EY, youll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And were counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector (GPS) practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
Our GPS Technology Organization is a structure within the US GPS practice that implements and maintains a new operate and technology model designed specifically to support U.S. defense and Government engagements. The opportunity
As the Incident Response Analyst, youll exercise strong incident management techniques to coordinate security incident response to information security events or incidents stemming from suspected internal or external threats. The enclave will be building and implementing several new, critical processes. DLP, Vulnerability Management, PKI, TLS are all on the slate and this role will have an opportunity to participate in a ground up design/build of these. The role presents an excellent opportunity to use your technical skills to develop, build, mature and expand all the enclave security services. As well as actively contribute to development of new technologies. Your Key Responsibilities
Ideally, youll also have
- Acquire/collect computer artifacts (e.g., malware, system/user logs, data artifacts) in support of Cyber Defense engagements
- Triage system assets and determine evidentiary value
- Correlate forensic findings to network events in support of developing an intrusion narrative
- Collect and document system state information (e.g. running processes, network connections)
- Perform forensic triage of an incident to include determining scope, urgency and potential impact
- Track and document forensic analysis from initial participation through resolution
- Collect, process, preserve, analyze and present computer related evidence while maintaining chain of custody requirements
- Coordinate with GPS Enclave staff and Enclave support personnel to validate/investigate alerts or additional preliminary findings
- Work with team to tune and build valuable alerts and analytics in SIEM
- Work with Vulnerability Management solutions to apply environmental specifics to findings
- Work with upcoming DLP solution to configure and validate data discovery, tagging, and exfil. Helping develop the entire process
- Work with team on developing IR processes around proprietary applications, including web applications
- Helping with DLP process development and implementation.
- Conduct analysis of forensic images, and available evidence in support of forensic write-ups for inclusion in reports and written products
- Assist to document and publishing Computer Network Defense (CND) guidance and reports pertaining to incident findings To qualify for the role, you must have
- 8 years of direct relevant experience in cyber forensic investigations using leading edge technologies and industry standard forensic tools
- BS Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering or related degree; or HS Diploma & 4-6 years of host or digital forensics experience.
- In depth understanding of SaaS, PaaS and IaaS in the Cloud Environment
- Ability to create forensically sound duplicates of evidence (forensic images)
- Ability to author cyber investigative reports documenting digital forensics findings
- Proficiency with analysis and characterization of cyber-attacks
- Proficiency with proper evidence handing procedures and chain of custody protocols
- Skilled in identifying different classes of attacks and attack stages (Mitre Att&ck)
- Understanding of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities
- Understanding of proactive analysis of systems and networks, to include creating trust levels of critical resources
- Able to work collaboratively across physical and virtual locations
- Action-oriented and have a proactive approach to problem solving
- Proficiency with Windows OS.
- Ability to strictly adhere to least priv, high security environments, keeping focus on the over all security processes
- Ability to Obtain and Maintain Top Secret Security Clearance
- Must present verification that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before your start date. If you are not able to be vaccinated because of a medical condition or disability or because of a sincerely held religious belief, an accommodation will be considered upon request
What we offer
- Ability to provide knowledge of strategies/architectures involved in implementing M365/Azure authentication, how these hook to a federated identity solution and a fundamental understanding of how threat actors would target identity to compromise an environment
- Advanced experience and proficiency across various aspects of IT operations (e.g. networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data management, governance)
- Experience and understanding in acquisition, processing and analysis of digital evidence from cloud native platforms
- Fundamental understanding of APIs and proficiency with PowerShell/PowerShell modules leveraged to conduct API queries as they relate to Azure/M365
- Proficiency with scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Powershell, JS) for automation of hunt tools used in commercial cloud environments
- Ability to develop tools, architecture and configurations in Azure environment to support identifying threat actor activity
- Understanding of Azure administration, M365 administration and/or development/DevOps, with advanced level skills in at least one of these domains
- Understand of how Azure/M365 platform protection is implemented and what security operations features are made available
- Fundamental understanding of NIST 800-171 and CMMC Level 3 security controls
- One or more of the following certifications:
- EnCE, CCE, CFCE, CISSP, Kubernetes Security Specialist
- MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration
- AZ-900:Azure Fundamentals
- AZ-500: Azure Security Technologies
- AZ-303: Azure Architect Technologies
- AZ-304: Azure Architect Design
- MS-100: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services
- MS-101: Microsoft 365 Mobility and Security
- AZ-104: Azure Administrator
- SANS SEC504: Hacker Tools, Techniques, Exploits, and Incident Handling
- SANS SEC401: Security Essentials - Network, Endpoint, and Cloud
- SANS FOR508: Advanced Incident Response, Threat Hunting, and Digital Forensics
- SANS FOR500: Windows Forensic Analysis
- SANS SEC 510, Public Cloud Security: AWS, Azure, and GCP
- SANS FOR509: Enterprise Cloud Forensics and Incident Response
- SANS SEC 541: Cloud Monitoring and Threat Detection
- SANS SEC584: Cloud Native Security: Defending Containers and KubernetesSANS SEC588: Cloud Penetration testing
We offer a competitive compensation package where youll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, youll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. Youll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. Its yours to build. EY Building a better working world
- Continuous learning: Youll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: Well provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: Well give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: Youll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions..... click apply for full job details