Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. Thats the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it. Job Category
Data Analytics Compensation Overview
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards. Salary Range
$101,400.00 - $167,400.00 Target Openings
2 What Is the Opportunity?
This position leads a team responsible for using marketing and site analytics data to drive business results. Internal and external information is used to identify quantifiable and actionable opportunities for the Personal Insurance Direct Markets team. Role is responsible for architecting solutions, building reports, monitoring and analyzing results, and communicating information to marketing & web operations managers and Direct Markets marketing leadership.
This role can be 100% remote or Hybrid model in the office. Direct Markets Job Duties & Responsibilities
General Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze impression, quote and sales data to improve the financial performance of Direct Markets acquisition (i.e., marketing & Telesales) spend
- Identify opportunities to leverage analytics to support increased optimization of marketing initiatives (e.g., Paid Search campaigns, price comparison website (PCW) partner onboarding, adjacent products) for specific marketing creative and programs
- Leverage transactional data to identify problems within the end-to-end quoting experience for either the consumer or the underlying technical environments (e.g., data warehouse, online quoting platform technical or underwriting knockouts, 3rd party quote or lead imports)
- Collaborate with Enterprise and Personal Insurance Marketing, Data Engineering, Data Science, Direct Markets Circle Team, etc. to evaluate the performance of new predictive models. Anticipate how onboarding those processes will impact our data warehouse and the evaluation of the business
- Provide continued support of the growing digital media portfolio (e.g., lead generation, PCW, paid search, display, email, lead export) as new partners are identified and as additional spend is placed within the market
- Coordinate with marketing media managers on near term strategies associated with creating new campaign assets for Direct Markets
- Support demand associated with Enterprise Marketing and technology investments to ensure brand awareness efforts are having the intended outcomes (e.g., favorably influencing brand perception of Travelers, driving additional quotes and sales)
- Identify and analyze opportunities to improve Direct Markets Other Insurance Expense (OIE) to drive greater financial efficiency
- Partner with Campaign Management / Advertising Operations team to ensure go-to-market efforts have been set up correctly and align to desired end-state business outcomes
- Lead a team of analytic resources focused on Marketing performance
- Perform day-to-day administration responsibilities as assigned (e.g., triaging requests, enhancements, defects, work assignments)
- Use data visualization (e.g., MicroStrategy, Excel) tools and storytelling skills to effectively communicate insights and influence decisions/outcomes to leadership
- Leverage industry best practices, market data and technology trends to identify and implement business opportunities
- Facilitate collaboration with IT and data management teams to ensure correct data is consistent for business critical analysis
- Direct the development of analysis, including reasonability and validation tests
- Can manipulate and interpret complex data to recognize patterns, analyze trends, and communicate the financial impact of insights/recommendations
- Oversee the design and ensure the execution of Proofs of Concept to inform business strategies
- Monitor performance indicators and implements possible improvements
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree or equivalent education and 4 years analytics experience required
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Bachelors degree in mathematics, finance, computer science, statistics, MIS or equivalent experience preferred
- Typically has 5 or more years of experience in Descriptive Analytics or related field
- 4+ years working successfully with Microsoft office products and software/programming applications specific to business supported
- Thorough knowledge of tools such as SAS, R, SQL, Python preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Descriptive Analytic practices and processes. General knowledge of insurance products/concepts preferred
- One or more years of technical team project leadership or people management experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of the main features of the collection of data and the relationship of data elements to each other
- Prior experience with Google BigQuery, Snowflake or other equivalent cloud technologies preferred
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- General understanding of the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies of businesses supported
- Demonstrated intermediate analytic and diagnostic skills
- Demonstrated intermediate interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated intermediate communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to influence others
- Intermediate project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to see results to completion
- Intermediate business acumen
- Intermediate computer skills in Excel, database programming language and related applications
- Intermediate problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to interact effectively with others across functions
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to values others input and ideas and accept feedback
- Builds and maintains credibility with others
- Intermediate leadership skills including ability to:
- Leverage differences
- Manage in participative manner
- Develop employees
- Requires extended periods of computer use.
- Requires extended periods of sitting.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email () so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit .