Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. Thats the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it. Job Category
Technology Compensation Overview
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards. Salary Range
$121,800.00 - $200,900.00 Target Openings
1 What Is the Opportunity?
The Enterprise Analytics Data Products Team constructs real time data pipelines that contextualize and provide easy access to data by the entire enterprise. As a cloud Data Engineering Lead on our team, you will play a key role in building and expanding analytic data products that support enterprise level insights of our customers as they are happening. You will engage various teams across the enterprise to influence solution design as well as participate in data product implementation. In addition to your strong analytical mind, you will bring your inquisitive attitude and ability to translate stories found in data by leveraging a variety of data programming techniques. You will leverage your ability to design, build and deploy data solutions in cloud environments that capture, explore, transform, and utilize data to support Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and business intelligence/insights. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead development of analytic data products, including pilots and proof of concepts.
- Partner with data management & information security colleagues to ensure analytic data products maintain the principle of least privilege for highly sensitive datasets
- Execute data strategies with an understanding of enterprise architecture, consumption patterns, platforms and application infrastructure.
- Manage the operationalizing and automating of all capabilities to ensure secure, supported and scalable solutions.
- Present analysis and recommendations to help influence management decisions.
- Guide and coach team members to accelerate career development.
- Establish team processes and procedures.
- Maintain relationships with partner teams to ensure needs are met and impacted areas plan work accordingly.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree or equivalent training with data tools, techniques, and manipulation.
- Five years of data engineering or equivalent experience
- Bachelors Degree in STEM related field or equivalent
- Five or more years of related experience
- Two or more years of management experience
- Advanced knowledge of data tools, techniques, and manipulation including cloud platforms, programming languages, and technology platforms.
- Strong delivery skills including the ability to determine the software design strategy and methodology to be used for efforts, use automated tests, analysis, and informed feedback loops to ensure the quality and production readiness of work before release, monitor the health of work efforts and that of adjacent systems.
- Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including the ability to develop business partnerships and influence priorities by identifying solutions that are aligned with current business objective and closely follow industry trends relevant to domain, understanding how to apply them, and sharing knowledge with coworkers.
- Strong problem solver who utilizes data and proofs of concepts to find creative solutions to difficult problems involving a significant number of factors with broad implications, reflects on solutions, measures impact, and uses that information to ideate and optimize.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop business partnerships, describe technology concepts in ways the business can understand, document initiatives in a concise and clear manner, and empathetically and attentively listen to others thoughts and ideas.
- Ability to lead and take action even when there is no clear owner, inspire and motivate others, and be effective at influencing team members.
- Knowledge and experience with the some of the following concepts: Real-time & Batch Data Processing, Workload Orchestration, Cloud, Datalakes, Data Security, Networking, Serverless, Testing / Test Automation (Unit, Integration, Performance, etc.), WebServices, DevOps, Logging, Monitoring, and Alerting, Containerization, Encryption / Decryption, Data Masking, Cost & Performance Optimization
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email () so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit .