About MedStar Health
Director of Nursing - Operating Room
What's in it for me?
- Generous benefit plans with little wait time
- Free parking for associates at all 4 Baltimore hospitals
- Relocation assistance up to $3500 if you live 50 miles away from your location
- Career growth opportunities galore as we are part of a 10-bed hospital system with 300 outpatient locations
- It's how we treat people: organization is truly committed to employee and nurse wellness as well as diversity and inclusion.
- High Reliability Organization (HRO) culture: .
About the Surgical Pavilion:
- 82,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art Surgical Pavilion just opened in 2020
- 14 spacious surgical suites, packed with the latest industry tools and technologies to optimize patient care, safety, and quality
- 1 hybrid operating room, featuring advanced imaging technology that allows an interventional cardiologist, radiologist, and vascular surgeon to collaborate and multi-task, all at one time, during a surgical case. Important to note - we are the only hospital in the State of Maryland, and among only a few in the U.S., to house this type of specialty surgical suite
- Dedicated space for transplant and perfusion cases (to be introduced in the future)
- State-of-the-art sterilization tools and processes
- Robust video systems, integrated in the operative suites to facilitate virtual training opportunities for the hospital's surgical residency program
- View the pavilion here:https://youtu.be/W8kRuO_blw8
- Education/Training: Bachelor's degree in Nursing required. Master's degree in Nursing or health related field preferred. Must be from a nationally accredited program.
- Experience: 4 years of nursing experience required; with 2 years of management and leadership experience preferred. Operating Room RN experience strongly preferred.
- License/Cert/Reg: Valid license as a registered nurse in the State of Maryland or District of Columbia is required (jurisdiction is dependent on the entity of employment). Specialty certification from a nationally recognized nursing organization in either a clinical specialty, such as CNOR, or Nursing Administration is preferred but must be obtained within two years of hire. BLS certification for healthcare professionals is required.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to exercise independent judgment on highly complex situations. Verbal and written communication skills. Basic knowledge of various computer software applications and online learning applications, especially Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.