Managers thrive with us! HCA Healthcare is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, comprising of over 180 hospitals and about 2,000 sites of care in 21 states and the United Kingdom. We are looking for a(an) Director of Respiratory Therapy for our HCA Florida Oak Hill Hospital team where excellence creates excellence.
HCA Florida Oak Hill Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
HCA Healthcare has expanded our influence across the healthcare industry by investing $3.5 billion in capital improvements in recent years. Do you want to be an influencer in healthcare? Apply for our Director of Respiratory Therapy role today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a Director of Respiratory Therapy. You will be responsible for twenty-four hour operations, practice, and quality of care and services. You will also have knowledge of the occurrence reporting system and report trends in occurrences to staff quarterly. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. Take the next step in your career.
- You will ensure provision of quality services by maintaining appropriate resources, staffing levels, competency of staff, maintenance/ and performance of equipment, instrumentation calibration, physical space, and training and education of staff.
- You will ensure patient assessment and therapy is appropriate, accurate and patient specific.
- You will ensure documentation of care is timely, accurate, and complete.
- You will ensure department contributes to continuity of care through demonstrated use of interdisciplinary team approach to patient care.
- You will collaborate and share pertinent patient information with physicians, patients, and other members of the healthcare team regarding patient progress, treatment, and discharge planning.
- You will ensure staff is educated on established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care, which results in patient harm.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree in a health related field
- Current Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT); licensed by the Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
- Current BLS certification
- Three-five years' experience as a registered Respiratory Therapist. Previous supervisory or management experience required
- Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO regulations. Knowledge of respiratory medical equipment
- Organizational, Verbal/Follow verbal instructions, Interpersonal, Customer Relations, Mathematical, Analytical, Grammar/Spelling, Read/Comprehend written instructions, Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
HCA Florida Oak Hill Hospital is a 350-bed facility offering a range of services. Oak Hill Hospital is proud to be a Primary Stroke Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are the area's second largest private employer and offer the area's only Pediatric ER as well as the only open heart program in Hernando county. Our reputation as one of the area's premier employers is due, in no small part, to the environment created by the dedicated people that chose to build their career with us. Our organization includes superb medical staff, innovative services, and a dedicated team of talented colleagues. We are located on Florida's Nature Coast in a great community to raise a family. Join us and see why we're excited to be in one of Florida's fastest growing counties. We believe excellent people make excellence happen. If this sounds like the type of meaningful work you'd like to be a part of, we hope you'll consider our careers at Oak Hill Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for ten consecutive years (2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you're looking for a leadership opportunity that provides both personal satisfaction and professional growth, apply to join HCA Healthcare as a(an) Director of Respiratory Therapy.Unlock your leadership potential with HCA Healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position is incentive eligible.