Do you thrive working on small teams and knowing your contributions make significant impact? Are you looking for an opportunity to innovate in a global and transforming industry?
We are looking for a Document Control Specialist to join our creative and innovative team. In addition to your document control and engineering change management activities, you will also have the opportunity to make contributions in mechanical design, and other engineering support activities. The document control role is essential for new product development and ensuring our factory continues to thrive. The ideal candidate is someone who can grasp new concepts quickly, support mechanical design efforts, and drive progress with cross-functional teams.
What you will do:
- Coordinate quickly and effectively with others in the organization to process engineering changes, deviations, and related document control activities.
- Work across the organization with team members from all functions including engineering, marketing, and operations.
- Participate in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software maintenance and improvements
- Design & document mechanical components and systems for a wide variety of fueling equipment.
- You are familiar with PLM software (PTC Windchill preferred) with regular usage in previous positions, ideally in a document control capacity
- You should be self-learner with a desire to grow, and have a continuous improvement mentality
- You are comfortable multitasking and keeping several activities organized and on track
- You have a solid foundation in 2D drafting and drawing creation (AutoCAD preferred) as well as some experience in 3D modeling (Creo preferred)
- Become a subject matter expert in Windchill and all things related to document control
- Gain experience on a variety of products to challenge and develop your skills
- Leverage our continuous improvement tools and outside resources or courses to continue to learn new tools and expand knowledge.
- Our goal is to offer real development opportunities to work with a great team that allows you to learn and progress through the stages of your career while maintaining the right work-life balance. Veeder-Root and Vontier invests in the growth of its employees to achieve and exceed not only our aggressive growth goals, but also your own personal goals.
- As a part of a growing organization, you will have the ability to unlock exponential growth in both the business and your career. As the organization grows you may have the ability to develop future team members and take on a leadership position within the organization.
- As a part of Vontier, you will have the mobility to grow and develop across our many operating companies.
Simsbury, CT is roughly equidistant from both New York City (around 90 miles SW) and Boston, Massachusetts (around 90 miles ENE). This town offers many outdoor activities, all four seasons and an exceptional school district. Who we are:
At Veeder-Root, our purpose is to support the global fueling
infrastructure by delivering the best solutions in automatic tank gauging and
fuel management systems driven by innovation and break-through thinking.
We are committed to delivering measurable value to our customers and to
continually expand that value through improvements to our solutions and
We thrive on passion and innovation, and are looking for
great people, with great ideas, who want to create the next big thing. We
want individuals to push limits, look outside the box and think the
unthinkable. WHO IS VONTIER
Vontier is a $3B global industrial technology company focused on smarter transportation and mobility. Our six operating companiesGilbarco Veeder-Root, Global Traffic Technologies, Teletrac Navman, Matco Tools, Hennessy Industries, and DRB Systemsare united by a powerful purpose: mobilizing the future to create a better world. Our portfolio of trusted brands includes market-leading expertise in mobility technologies, retail and commercial fueling, fleet management, telematics, vehicle diagnostics and repair, and smart cities. Vontiers pioneering solutions advance safety, security, efficiency, and sustainability worldwide.
Energized by our shared purpose and values, we have a strong culture shaped by a deep organization-wide commitment to inclusion, diversity, and equity (ID&E) and environmental, social, and governance (ESG). Eight vibrant global employee resource groups serve as powerful focal points for connection, community, and advocacy, and we actively support community causes through Vontier Cares. We offer flexible remote and in-person, open-space work options.
"Vontier Corporation and all Vontier Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law."