Apply for this job now
Driver - CDL A
- Houma, Louisiana
- Job Type
- 21 Jul 2022
Apply for this job now
To perform related driving and delivery duties whereby assuring timely transport of company and/or customer orders to and from company and/or customer facilities including loading/unloading materials, related components, structures, etc. in a safe and efficient manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures that assigned truck is in safe operational running condition and to report any/all possible mechanical problems or unsafe conditions to the maintenance/mechanical department for repair or replacement.
2. Regularly wash exterior and maintain a clean interior of assigned truck.
3. Ensures that delivery tickets and actual items loaded to be delivered match accordingly prior to departure. Reports all discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
4. Perform and/or direct the loading or unloading of equipment, supplies, structures, etc. Ensure that the same is safely and firmly secure prior to departure.
5. Operate and drive standard pick-up trucks to 18-wheeler flatbed trucks and maintain current driver permits as needed.
6. Operate cherrypickers, forklifts, and other loading equipment that may be required.
7. Read, write, and follow simple instructions and/or directions as assigned in order to make deliveries as needed both local and to facilities outside of the Houma, Terrebonne area.
8. Maintain a safe (preferred violation free) driving record which meets minimum driving record standards applicable to insurance requirements.
9. Perform other related duties as required.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED :
Must be licensed/certified to operate a standard pick-up truck to an 18-wheeler flatbed truck in a safe and efficient manner. Will be required at times to operate standard cherry picker and/or forklift for loading and unloading. Must be trained in using securing/tie down tools such as come-a-longs, chains, shackle, and slings. Also, cutting torches, goggles, etc.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS :
Employee will be required to work in changes in temperatures (heat/cold) wet and dry, and dusty conditions. Will also be exposed to noise, vehicle vibrations, road conditions and highway conditions, exhaust and fuel/fume vapors, etc.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
Standing - Is an essential function/physical requirement.
Walking - Is an essential function/physical requirement.
Lifting - Is an essential job function and the employee will be required to lift up to 80 pounds.
Carrying - Is an essential job function and the employee will be required to carry up to 80 pounds.
Sitting - Is an essential job function/physical requirement.
Turning, Twisting, Bending, & Stooping - These are essential functions/physical requirements.
Pushing/Pulling - These are essential/physical requirements that will require moving items weighing 80-100 pounds on a pallet jack or other equipment.
Reaching Forward & Reaching Overhead - These are essential functions/physical requirements.
Climbing - Is an essential job function/physical requirement.
Balancing, Talking, Hearing & Seeing - These are all considered normal duties and will be needed/required to fill this job position in a safe and efficient manner.
- Job Reference: 664010132-2
- Date Posted: 21 July 2022
- Recruiter: Gulf Island
- Location: Houma, Louisiana
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Transport & Logistics
- Job Type: Permanent