Apply for this job now
Driver Class B
- Hayward, California
- Job Type
- 14 Jul 2022
Apply for this job now
Starting Rate of Pay: $30.15 per hour
Responsible for pick-up and delivery between Service Centers and to customers, in a professional, safe and timely manner, which will include manual lifting, use of two-wheel dolly and/or carts in a multi-temperature environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operate straight trucks.
2. Ensure delivery schedules are met while providing/demonstrating friendly, professional customer service including the solicitation of new business
3. Secure freight for pickup and delivery using appropriate tools and supplies, including but not limited to: pallets, straps and rope.
4. Perform daily pre-trip, post-trip and safety inspections on equipment.
5. Follow dispatch instructions and communicate with dispatch as required, including but not limited to: delays, arrivals and equipment problems
6. Recoup/repair damaged freight when necessary
7. Verify and complete required documentation and reports
8. Collect checks for freight charges an maintain related documentation , as required
9. Load, unload, or assist in loading and unloading truck
10. Perform job duties of a freight handler where operationally necessary
11. Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including but not limited to: forklift, pallet jack and hand truck
12. Complete all necessary paperwork and maintain records
13. Comply with hazardous material regulations and procedures and confirm placarding matches hazmat shipments as required
14. Chain vehicle tires, as required
15. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
16. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Must have valid commercial driver's license (CDL)-Class B; hazardous materials and tank endorsements required . Automatic transmission CDL restriction allowed.
Must possess one (1) year experience in a straight truck or similar sized vehicle within most recent three (3) years or successful completion of FedEx Freight Driver Development Course
Must be twenty-one (21) years old
Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
Must possess acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) based on hiring standards
Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
Ability to read and understand route schedules
Ability to lift/carry hand freight and other items weighing up to 100 pounds
Ability to sit for extended periods of time, bend, twist, squat, climb in and out of truck
Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors and drive on all types of roads and in all types of weather
Exposure to noise and vibration
Exposure to dust and diesel fumes
Exposure to hazardous materials shipped and packaged under DOT regulations
Hours may vary due to operational needs
The Hazardous Materials endorsement must be obtained within 120 days of offer acceptance. An employee will not be allowed to drive a commercial motor vehicle without this endorsement.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call or e-mail at .
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
- Job Reference: 657829582-2
- Date Posted: 14 July 2022
- Recruiter: Fedex
- Location: Hayward, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Transport & Logistics
- Job Type: Permanent